PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question

lady-j
09-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Although I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this question......I'll ask it anyway.

Is there any way to wash oil pastels out of clothing? :( I'm guessing no....but I thought I'd ask just to be sure. Guess I'll start wearing an apron from now on!!

Jess

LJW
09-15-2007, 10:53 AM
I haven't ever got OPs on my clothes, but I would suggest a process similar to removing OPs from a painting. Start by scraping with a palette knife, and then use Odourless Mineral Spirits to sponge off the rest. Since OPs never dry completely, you should be able to remove it from your clothes this way. Give it a try and report back. Jane

lady-j
09-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Thanks Jane....I'll give that a try next time. As for now....the shirt with the pastels on it has already been thru the laundry. (I didn't notice anything on the shirt until AFTER it had already been thru the wash and I was wearing it out and about.) That'll teach me to not glance in the full length mirror before leaving the house!

Jess

Pat Isaac
09-15-2007, 04:24 PM
I use the same thing that I use when I get oil paint on my clothes. I put some turps or mineral spirits on a paper towel and rub the OP spot., then wash. I have always had good luck with the OP coming out.

Pat