PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having trouble accessing Paypal?

Paintbrush74
05-27-2002, 05:45 PM
For the last couple of days, I've had trouble accessing Paypal, and when I do access them, I can't log on. The "page cannot be opened" message pops up. I can't contact them through the help feature either. I tried emailing the webmaster, but of course they bounced that. Does anyone know of an address where email can be sent that they will actually read?

hairballsdotcom
05-27-2002, 06:58 PM
I had a problem last week -- don't remember the exact wording, but it wouldn't let me log-in. I tried a couple of times during that day with the same results, THEN I switched from Netscape to Explorer and it worked fine...I don't think it was a coincidence! I really think it just WOULD NOT WORK with NETSCAPE.

I just checked, and today its working fine with NETSCAPE.

Paintbrush74
05-27-2002, 08:40 PM
Hmmmmmm......I'm on Explorer, but it's a version that I downloaded 2 or 3 weeks ago. I wonder if that might be the problem.

Shai
05-27-2002, 11:44 PM
I am able to access PayPal with no problems, even after downloading the new version of Explorer (IE6). However, it's true that this new version is a bit wonky. It's been giving me some problems with other web sites, and I have heard other people having similar problems.

You might want to try downloading a 'fix' for the update (something I did a couple of days ago). You can go to IE's web site for this, I think.

Paintbrush74
05-28-2002, 03:36 PM
Thanks Shai. I'll give it a try.