PDA

View Full Version : Mornin people.

Terry G.
09-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Mornin people.
well I was hoping this would be the message saying that I was home after this b.s. but seems I broke the last test.

This is all done just prior the operation, it was a nuclear injection to trace my heart under normal conditions and then another injection to put me under stress and its a timed thing of an hour each.

Well seems that after the second hour had gone by the lab tech came out and said the camera had broken and needed to be reset (reset time is an hour), well after 4 hrs I am about to explode with frustration and what ever else I can think up.

The kid goes to my wife and tells her (not me) that the camera can't be fixed and for her to take me home and they will reschedule for next week as it takes a week to get the stuff out of my system.

The wife says why dont you use the time to draw, ha, all i can come up with is "big red X's" all over the paper.

oh and no jokes about me "glowing" either...ok?

elaine321
09-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Terry, I am so sorry that you have had to go through that. Ridiculous isn't it, Here they are testing your heart for stress, sounds like they want to push you into having a heart attack leaving you there for 4 hours!

I do understand, I have been going through some scarey tests for cancer for the last 12 months. I had a melonoma a few years ago and I keep showing signs that the tumor has returned, (swollen lymph glands etc) but they have sent me for so many biopsies but can't find anything. Last thing they decided was to give me a hysterectomy and now they have just told me they are still not satisfied and want me to go through all the scans again before the operation. I am sure they think people have nothing better to do with their time, but sit around hospitals. I have had to take so much time off work for hospital appointments, I am surprised my boss hasn't sacked me yet!!

Anyway Terry, you keep your chin up. Don't let those bugge*s upset you. Find yourself a good book to take with you next time. Or better still, take some stippling!!

Jakeally
09-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Awww Terry ... what a bummer. I do hope they get things sorted for you next week.
Don't forget we want to see all those red crosses you are drawing:D :wave:

Ranger Dan
09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Hey Terry, throw in some green x's and you've got a Christmassy design started. Then send it to the testing place with many 'thanks' for a job 'well' done (not done well) once it is done, that is. Hang in there, we'll be around here if you want to let off steam.

PVHooper
09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Terry sounds like something out of the simpsons, anyway glad you are hanging in there, think of you often.

sassybird
09-13-2007, 01:39 PM
Terry, they use us as guiena pigs and then don't even give us the consideration of telling us to our face when they mess up. I hope that the next time around that you are in and out of there in no time.

DSPIT
09-13-2007, 03:59 PM
Terry that sounds like no fun at all. sorry for ya. keep us posted though. I linke Ranger Dan's idea, lol.

tvandeb
09-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Terry; so sorry, alot of frustration I'm sure... I would also like to see some of those red x's and a bit of green too.:eek:
Hang in there; I wondered how you were doing this week.. we miss you for sure..;)

mudslinger
09-14-2007, 06:28 AM
man, i feel for you...i hate hospitals and all that poking and prodding and i wouldn't wish it on anybody; especially getting injected with all that radioactive crap. i hope it will help you out in the end, though. hang in there, terry! :wave:

Eternity
09-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Unbelievable! And of course we get to pay for these "little screwups". I've had a couple of episodes with my hometown healthcare system and all I can do is just shake my head. My husband provides me with excellent health insurance so it has become obvious that they milk it for all it's worth. And Terry, no need for anything radioactive. The anger and frustration is enough to make anyone "glow". LOL
Take care and I hope they get it all figured out soon.
Cheryl