PDA

View Full Version : corgis

Steff
09-12-2007, 05:07 PM
This is a portrait of two corgis that I am doing for a commission. C & C Wanted! I already noticed that the dog on the right needs more shadow on his lower chest. Do they look adequately grounded? Thanks for looking!

Steff

lilbelle
09-12-2007, 06:33 PM
Steff, these are adorable! Great expressions!

Tazz
09-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Seems pretty well on track to me. Really well done.

mgwilson59
09-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Just love these Steff! Corgis are such wonderful little critters.

Monte

jody007
09-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Awww these are so cute! I just love it!
Jody

Steff
09-13-2007, 03:35 PM
Thanks for all your wonderful comments. If no one has any crits on it, I will do a few finishing touches tonight, then present it to the owner. Hopefully, she will be pleased with it. I forgot to mention above that it is an 11" x 14" done in watercolors and pastels.

Steff

Selahs art
09-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Great work.

Retha

HarvestMoon
09-13-2007, 05:15 PM
this pair is too cute- my daughter has a pembrook welsh corgi.... it wants to chase (not herd) the livestock.... the livestock are not happy about it when he gets out of the house without a leash...
linda

Crias
09-13-2007, 06:27 PM
Really cute. My only comment (if not too late) is that the brown dog's left ear (furthest to the right in the picture) looks shorter than the left ear. I know part of that is the angle of the head, but still looks a little off to me. Otherwise it is really nicely done!!

Steff
09-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the comments.

Linda,
I think corgis in general are cute. The ones in this portrait are Cardigan Welsh corgis. The story you told of your daughter's corgi reminds me of when I was a child. I had a little short legged dog about the same size and build of a corgi (a mix) who loved to be around horses. But this one ornery (spelling?) welsh pony would try to stomp him out every time he got in the pasture. I was always amazed (and scared to death) at how he could dart around the pony in and out and manage to move so fast on those little legs. Luckily, he always avoided the pony's slashing hooves.

Cathy,

Thank-you for noticing the ear. I looked back at the portrait and I can see what you are talking about. I will fix it before it goes out to the owner. Sometimes it just takes a fresh pair of eyes to spot things like that.