PDA

View Full Version : "The Cove"

tvandeb
09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
This is one I finished recently; been working on it ,off and on for a month. It's called "The Cove" Done on dura-lar matte, with micron, and tech pens. And colored pencils layered on the back-side. C/C and comments are welcome... Thanks for looking.. Take care...:wave: http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2007/71359-the_covepencps.jpg

mudslinger
09-11-2007, 09:31 PM
wow, nice one! i like the light and the view...like you're looking out from a little jungle stream to the little cove...makes me want a corona! :D

Ranger Dan
09-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Very nice Tammy! I like the transition from the sea to the inlet.

PVHooper
09-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Wow, sorry Lenny already said that, wow I love this one, frame it now.

Jakeally
09-12-2007, 04:32 AM
It's just great Tammy. Fantastic drawing and superb colour.
I agree with Paul ... frame it:thumbsup: :clap:

Tammamo
09-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Welldone Tammy, nice work... The colour pencils are just right with the p&i and the impression it gives is very nice. I think you did specifically well with the foliage :)

tvandeb
09-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Lenny: You are so funny- corona?:lol: Thanks.Ranger Dan: Thanks, it is an awesome view, I may do a few more like this..Paul: Thanks, in the process of matting and framing it now.Chris: Thanks..Tamaman: Some of the techniques from the trees were things I'd learned in Borgman' Victorian Pen and Ink; his trees are pretty awesome in this book. Thanks.
Take care all....

sassybird
09-12-2007, 01:25 PM
Tammy, the concept of this piece is very nice, and your perspective is right on. The only thing that I see where you could use some work are your values. If you did this in grey scale on your computer you would see what I am talking about. The foliage and water are well done.

tvandeb
09-13-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks Charissa; I did a greyscale scan of the drawing and was looking at it on paint shop pro; I can see some difference in the tones in some areas of the trees , and the rocks. Thanks, I'll continue to work on my tones; and using my scanner to greyscale is a great idea! Take care....:wave:

Tammamo
09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Charissa, this is actually a great way to self-assess the tones.. thanks for the tip-