PDA

View Full Version : Atelier Interactive

creativechrissy
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Has anyone tried or is using the (relatively) new Atelier Interactive acrylics. Its an Australian brand but it has huge success internationally. Here is a link for those of you how want to read up on it http://www.chromaonline.com/chroma/products/atelier_interactive
The beauty about this product is that once the paint is partially dry, you can "rehydrate" the paint to keep working with it.

I am curious to know what people think as I am thinking of merging into using this new type of acrylic paint. Some say it has the quality of oil paint but the advantage of acrylic paint with quicker drying time.

Any comments on the use of the product? Your personally experience?

Chrissy

siberart
09-09-2007, 08:32 PM
I am interested in this brand also. I received the free DVD with info and tutorials. Looking forward to hearing from anybody who used it.

gnu
09-09-2007, 09:18 PM
use it all the time, have just started to get into it's real benefits, but mostly have been using it because it's my fave brand.

idcrisis55
09-10-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi Chrissy, I haven't used them but know there have been other threads by artists that have. You might do a search on the main thread page for Interactives. There is probably more information there to help answer your question. :)

Jackie339
09-10-2007, 12:37 PM
You Might Want To Check The Archives Here, This Has Been Discussed Several Times And Will Prove Informative.

Jackie339
09-10-2007, 12:38 PM
woops sorry Ann, I didn't see your post!

JimmyM
09-19-2007, 11:14 PM
I've tried this paint and although I understand where they are going with it -- I just didn't find I could get the effect I wanted, even with the mediums.

I found myself getting a bit of "mud" as you would when over-working an oil, and I had a hard time getting the crisp color representation you get with standard acrylics.

I've since refined my ability to blend by scumbling and glazing with traditional acrylics.

But I would recommend trying them and working with them, perhaps I didn't give them enough time.

kaleidoscopic mind
09-19-2007, 11:44 PM
I've tried this paint and although I understand where they are going with it -- I just didn't find I could get the effect I wanted, even with the mediums.

I found myself getting a bit of "mud" as you would when over-working an oil, and I had a hard time getting the crisp color representation you get with standard acrylics.

I've since refined my ability to blend by scumbling and glazing with traditional acrylics.

But I would recommend trying them and working with them, perhaps I didn't give them enough time.

I had the same problem so I went back to using the winsor finity range using the mediums from the atelier interactive range and it all fell together. i espicaly love using the liquidfier with a little bit of retarder. I found that with this I could get up to 50 min.. of open workin time and still get that acrillyc feel.

Lulu
09-20-2007, 06:11 AM
I love them, others here dislike them intensely! lol

Lady Carol
09-20-2007, 09:12 AM
Here (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424934&highlight=atelier)is a not so brief report on them.