PDA

View Full Version : 3rd story / Witch

Maffet
09-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Hello to all :wave:

I am here with third story from book. I didnt completed this set yet as I miss smaller 1/2 page illustration there. But I already have a frame, head and full page picture. I am out of time schedule now, but happily my editor told me that some writers still didnt gave him their short stories so I still have some extra time .. which is grat!

O.k. this story is from times of hunts for witches. Hero is wise woman of nature connected with pagad god of wood and it's all about her moral battle against fanatical priest.

In borders there are some beasts I found in one old manucript and central is deer god. On open "head" illustration I wanted to show her dance with death and the fact that he had strong knowledge of herbs and magical plants - that's why she hold mandrake.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2007/8104-nahled_hlavicka.jpg

Full side picture is scene of her spiritual dissucsion with god of woods and her dream where she become part of old eak.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2007/8104-nahled_cely_obrazek.jpg

Here is detail of the picture without frame:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2007/8104-nahled_obrazek.jpg

There should be another 1/2 page illustration a scene from prison, to show
also the priest.

Hope you enjoy .... :-)

I will also repair some minor mistakes in computer, specialy on deer god's body and some other little things. I will see. :-)

btw ... it's not pen and ink but brush and chinese stick ink :-)

DSPIT
09-09-2007, 12:17 PM
very nice illustrations. i think the borders are exceptional and are very nicely detailed.

Ranger Dan
09-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Wonderful Jana. I think they would be happy to wait for such beautiful illustrations.

sassybird
09-09-2007, 01:06 PM
Jana, your illustrations are always so rich in detail and your imagination is wonderful. I did add a butt icon because of the nudity of the witch.

objectivistartist
09-09-2007, 03:17 PM
terrific immagination here... loving it....:thumbsup:

PVHooper
09-09-2007, 05:12 PM
stunning, simply lovely.

Jakeally
09-10-2007, 05:30 AM
You never fail to impress Jana. Absolutely wonderful:clap: :clap:

kitaye
09-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Excellent. I love the God of the Woods figure.I to like the borders and find them as interesting as the picture itself.

Tammamo
09-12-2007, 05:11 AM
Your illustration style is just so nice Jana... I love it, and I agree with Dee, the borders are real interesting and add a lot to the work.

Maffet
09-12-2007, 06:54 AM
Hello to all :-)
I am so glad that you like it. Specialy this illustration took a lot of my energy. I dont know why, I started that 6times!!! But finaly I did it.

Charissa -oh thank you. I forgot that. :) Next time I will be good girl.
Chris... hellooooooooo. wanderful to see you. And thank you :D

tvandeb
09-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Very creative, alot work in these, Very nice!:clap:

dolors
09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Fantastic work Jana, I love them. Did you use the brush also to do the lines?

Zarathustra
09-12-2007, 05:37 PM
I love the way the woman's body is an extension of the tree and vice versa.