PDA

View Full Version : Summer sketches

dolors
09-07-2007, 02:40 AM
These are two of the sketches I've done this summer, with faber Castell pitt pen and watercolor. First one is in the beach where people were collecting sea food. The second one is of the walls of Montblanc, do you remember them Chris?. Both are 16 x 23 cm, first one watercolor paper, second one is on drawing paper. Please let me know your comments.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2007/7220-delta1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2007/7220-montbl.jpg

Ranger Dan
09-07-2007, 04:55 AM
Both have a nice loose look to them Dolors. I really like the morning? sky in the first one.

MonicaB
09-07-2007, 11:02 AM
Lovely work, Dolors! I especially like the man's belly. :p :lol:

sassybird
09-07-2007, 01:00 PM
LOL Monica, I was just thinking the same thing about his belly. Dolors, you did a wonderful job on the first one. The second one has a different appeal as it is structural but loose at the same time. The first one really is my favorite though. I like the subject matter and the loose feel of the overall day it is depicting.

lady-j
09-07-2007, 01:07 PM
I like them both. The top one is definitely my favorite. I like the water and earth in the foreground. Nicely painted! Thank God you painted trunks on the big belly guy!! I've seen enough large men in SPEEDOS to last me a lifetime!! :)

daka
09-07-2007, 02:43 PM
I like the second one a lot but both are good, nice and loose - well done.
D

Tammamo
09-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Good work Dolors, I like them so much... you have such a gift for ink and water colour

gnu
09-29-2007, 06:30 AM
Hi Dolors my old friend! :wave: :wave:
thought I'd look up my buddy list! Love the first one with the loose sky.
the perspective of the castle thingy is a little out, and it's a lot simpler, but both are appealing...
so How are you? What are you up to these days? I am still into acrylics, more than CP, but I still have lots of pencils, and will still keep my hand in a little, but acrylics beat them hands down for speed, pity....

dolors
09-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Hello Gill!:wave: I'm happy to hear from you.
I'm fine, drawing with ink (now preparing the Christmas card), sketching and painting watercolors mainly, and happy with my job teaching retired people to paint and enjoy with art. I have little time to comment here in the forum, but I enter each day to see what is happening. I'm glad to know that you are working so much. Take care my friend :thumbsup:

tvandeb
09-29-2007, 01:04 PM
Very nice work!!!:clap: :clap:

DSPIT
09-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Classic Dolors washes. love em.

valchina612
09-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Great work Dolors. I love them both, but especially the first one -- it has so much character. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

seejay
10-04-2007, 08:22 AM
Hi Dolors,

It's been a long time since I've seen your work (and a long time since I last posted !) and I have enjoyed the experience very much. Both are nice, for some reason I like the building better.

Cheers, Chris

dolors
10-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Thank you all for your nice comments.
Chris, I missed you, what are you doing? I would love to see your sketches again. Take care!:wave:

PVHooper
10-04-2007, 09:49 AM
I missed these, looks like you had a great summer and this shines though this work, lovely.

HarvestMoon
10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
these are beautiful!!! I think I know that guy in the top one LOL...

Jakeally
10-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Fantastic Dolors:clap: :clap: Love the composition on the first one ... lol and the belly:lol: and your washes as always are superb.
Oh! yes I remember Montblanc very well. Such beautiful old buildings.
This was at the beginning of our walk if I remember rightly.... and then we walked down the very narrow street with all those wonderful old wooden doors. Lovely memories my friend and a beautiful drawing.

seejay
10-05-2007, 06:39 AM
Chris, I missed you, what are you doing? I would love to see your sketches again. Take care!:wave:

Hi Dolors,

I've been busy studying, almost through my second year of nursing. I do the occasional sketching and journaling, and intend to get stuck back into my art in a week's time after exams - I'm booked into an oil painting workshop to get in the mood! Where has the year gone???

I'll try to post some sketches for you real soon.

You take care as well.

Cheers, Chris

MonicaB
10-05-2007, 10:01 AM
Hey Chris, good to see you. Be sure to visit the swamp after exams too. :D

seejay
10-05-2007, 11:16 PM
Hey Chris, good to see you. Be sure to visit the swamp after exams too. :D

Hi Monica, the swamp is on my things to do list! Hopefully with some pens and paper. Good to see you too.

Cheers