PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhh camping!

Andun
09-06-2007, 11:09 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2007/84252-DSC00003.JPG
:wave: Hi again everyone!
I just got a shipment of new paint from home for my birthday so I painted this one quickly(2 hours) to check them out. Ya like?:)

bchlvr
09-06-2007, 11:22 PM
This is beautifully done! Love your colors and detail.

C_Line
09-06-2007, 11:57 PM
Wow, so much detail in such a short time!

howyadoin
09-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Damn, you go all out when you camp.

Nice painting, too.

Linee
09-07-2007, 12:00 AM
I love it! We're a camping family and our set up looks almost just like this! Again, your knack for achitectural drawing comes in handy. :)

Margaret 59
09-07-2007, 12:59 AM
I like it a lot! More luxurious than our campervan with awning that we had many years ago.

lilbelle
09-07-2007, 01:06 AM
This is terrific!! It looks very comfortable. What size is the painting? I can't believe you did all that in two hours. Amazing job!

Lulu
09-07-2007, 01:36 AM
looks very comfortable camping to me!! lol Great painting!
What are your paints? Belated birthday greetings too! when was it? Hope you had a happy day:)

digitalis
09-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Aahh! Someone else who likes camping as much as I do - I suspect you include more comforts than I do - a nice warm inviting image!

dreamz
09-07-2007, 02:43 AM
definately some great colors! your somewhere between my brother and I when it comes to camping, he says its a tent and a blanket, I used to say its the Hilton but since I can now bring my kingsize bed, air conditioning and satellite tv with me, I say RVing is the way 2 go:lol:

idcrisis55
09-07-2007, 05:56 AM
Tony, this is super. I enjoyed every bit of it and like the unusualness of the subject too. :)

rmc
09-07-2007, 07:05 AM
great one Anthony - when is school starting up again?
PS -happy birthday too!

jan409
09-07-2007, 08:45 AM
I want to go camping with you, you live it up when you go. It is great. It is hard to believe you did it in two hours. I love the colors. Jan

swampborn
09-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Like the colors Tony. Amazing for only a couple of hours. We camp in a fifth wheel, but I wouldn't mind caming in this set up. Great job!:thumbsup:
Gail

Jon
09-07-2007, 09:36 AM
Wonderfully inviting!

Enchanted
09-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Hmmmm... wondering about your other camping furnishings? Recliner, TV set, etc.?

:D

LavenderFrost
09-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Now, if we had a bed like that when we went tenting, I might have liked it, lol.

This is a very cheerful picture, makes me feel that cool morning air.

Paulafv
09-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Great painting. Happy Birthday...good gift.

Last time I went camping, after camping was a distant memory, I obtained an inflated St. Pauli Girl full sized advertisement from the local liquor store and used it as my barrier under the sleeping bag. Since it was rounded, I slipped off now and then during the night...even after deflating a bit. (My kids have all the bells and whistles, but I figured my outing was just for a weekend and I could rough it...no need to borrow the really good stuff.) Would have preferred this painted outfit.

Isn't it nice to receive art usable gifts, instead of another tie?...and you use them well.

birdhs
09-07-2007, 11:03 PM
What an unusual choice of subjects! It must have been a challenge to get all the perspective and scale to work together this well. It pleaseth thine eyes.

Andun
09-09-2007, 04:55 AM
Oh my:lol:
I never realized there were so many campers here:thumbsup: Thanks everyone so much!
bchlvr(beachlover??),Celeste,howyadoin,Margaret,Jon,Enchanted,Michelle:wave: Thanks so much for your very kind words of encouragement.
Hi Linda and Birdhs(Birdhouse??).Architecture is always fun for me but this one,being soft,was a nice challenge!
Hi Lillian! This one is 20X29 Cms painted on paper.As I said,it was just a quicky to check some paint:lol:
Hi Lulu.Hope you and Ruth have a good time at the Tart cafe!! These are something new for me.They are tole painting acrylics.Seem a bit dull and chaulky for me.
Glad you liked it David(digitalis) I sure do like camping!!
Howdy Doc! Wanna swap your RV for my tent??:lol:
It sure is unusual ain't it Ann.I am glad you liked my subject choice!
Hi down there in NZ Ruth! School has started here since last week but we were off friday because a massive typhoon swept through here taking the electricity with it.
Well Jan...if you're ready...I'm willing! Come on over and I'll take you camping:thumbsup:
Hi Gail! When I still lived in B.C. I had a great 5th wheel as well.It sure is comfortable but it isn't really camping is it?
Hey Paula! Useful gifts are the best!! I am lucky as most folks do buy me art supplies now.It is fun to see some of the unusual stuff they come up with!!
Thanks to Lulu and Ruth for the belated birthday wishes:heart: It was on August 29th and now I am 49:eek:
Thanks again everyone.I really was surprised and happy to see that so many of you like this latest!!

Lulu
09-09-2007, 05:06 AM
Thanks to Lulu and Ruth for the belated birthday wishes:heart: It was on August 29th and now I am 49:eek:

8 days after mine, and you're just a baby Tony:p

Andun
09-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Well now!!! Happy belated birthday to you too Lulu:) I sure hope you had a great one!!

Lulu
09-09-2007, 06:11 AM
Thank you Tony, I did indeed!:)