PDA

View Full Version : self portrite

jartist66
05-26-2002, 04:41 AM
this is a painting i'm working on right now, i have used the head area for my tiny head. i also have the drawing for this in my sketch book forum. i am including the original photo as the source of my work to compare my style with. the painting is still to pinkish in flesh color.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2002/long_hair_j.JPGhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/26-May-2002/jartist66.jpg

mf.sutton
05-26-2002, 06:23 AM
Wow this is fantastic, if you are still working on this then I can't wait to see the finished painting - mike:clap: :clap:

Matttscott
05-26-2002, 02:36 PM
Yes, I agree! Looks great! Keep the progress shots coming...

--Matt :cool:

mel-o
05-26-2002, 06:17 PM
ooh i like this. Its very vibrant and flowing.

mel

KarenU
05-27-2002, 02:42 PM
Love it!! Your style in this one is fabulous!

terrygar
05-29-2002, 11:18 AM
Really nice job, shade mix works well and features are clear.
I just did one of my wife and I, I'll have to post it. You really learn alot about yourself and art when you do a self-p.

orchidlover6
05-29-2002, 11:29 AM
this is great. to me you image has a harder look to the face than the ref pic does, this seems to evokes a different feel it. I like it. and the head makes a great tinyhead.

paintergirl
05-29-2002, 11:32 AM
Wow...self-portraits are always so hard and you are doing an amazing job! I like the subtle colors throughtout the hair! Can't wait to see the finished product!:clap:

Crystal Owl
05-31-2002, 10:30 AM
This is a very cool painting , maybe you were a muskateer in a previous life?

C.O.

Drumbeat-trish
06-01-2002, 04:28 PM
Wow- full of life. This is looking great!!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

dragoni689
06-02-2002, 12:17 AM
Everything is really great with this piece, but one little teensy eensy thing sticks out to me; you're still working on this, so you've maybe seen it yourself or just didn't finish it.. the mouth.. i cant tell you technically whats wrong with it, and tehres not a large enough problem to detract from the image; im just a real nitpicker...
You're capturing your self image brilliantly! it's a beautiful example of portraiture- something i know how to judge but don't know how to do, so you can probably disregard my comment above- up to you. I think it may be that it appears to be too high into the mustache, or you painted the mustache coming down to far.. im not neccesarily qualified, so get a second opinion and dont go on my advice; i really like this though! it's great!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

KansasLady
06-02-2002, 05:45 AM
This is a great self-portrait! You did a great job! I'm wondering if the mustache should have the same great colors in it that you used in the hair...the brush strokes, the highlights. At least some of them. Just a thought.

ThinkSeeDraw
06-07-2002, 01:57 AM
I agree with Dragon.. There seems to be not hint of a top lip. I won't comment on the texture about the moustache since it's WIP, but i will comment on the shape.. It just doesn't really flatter me. I would think it would need a little curl in it or something. But then again, i don't know what your moustache looks like up close..

donsha
06-07-2002, 02:32 AM
I love your style it just flows out of the painting. To do a self portrait is so brave in my eyes, as I can't draw people let alone myself. I love this and I think its great.

well done !!!!!
sharon