PDA

View Full Version : Laughter

phobden
09-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Hi , here is a my latest painting.

I (loosely) based it on photograph of myself. Took some liberty with the colors in order to add some punch to it.
Canvas 45x35cm.

I would be happy to hear any C&C.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Sep-2007/100883-laughing99.jpg

Paulafv
09-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Like it a lot. Would like to see a tad more flesh tone on the forehead, blending the colors already there. It looks unnatural and harsh the way it is. Just a little above the eyebrows and blending up. I think it would make it smoother and more believable, if that's a good word for what I mean. More like an accomplished portrait. That's what I really mean.

troublemaker
09-04-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't know if its the colors (which I love) or the forehead lack of skin tone like Paula mentioned but it still feels like a maniacal laugh to me.
However, with that said, I really love the power you give to said maniacal laugh.

phobden
09-05-2007, 05:05 AM
Thank you for your comments.

Maniacal is close to, but not exactly what I was aiming for. It is a laugh that completely "takes over".

jan409
09-05-2007, 08:44 AM
This one makes me smile. I like it a lot. I agree about the forehead skin tones. I would like to see more skin tone there. But this is a great painting. Jan

idcrisis55
09-05-2007, 09:18 AM
I enjoyed seeing this in the WOYE thread and the finish here. Good job Peter. You are growing in your work by leaps and bounds. What I really enjoy is the different take or positions of the head that you have done.

phobden
09-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Thanks again comments. As several of you seem to agree, I will seriously consider the remark about the flesh color in forehead. (wiil do some simulation in photoshop)