PDA

View Full Version : Two new paintings

Devinjo
09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
Hi! I haven't posted in a while..life got in the way! But I have been painting. I have been working with acrylics lately- my usual medium is watercolor- and playing with this looser style which I am really enjoying. This first painting took me all of 2 hours but I do have a few more things I need to do to it. I need to put paintings away for a few days and look at them with fresh eyes- just finished this one last night. This showjumper (from the ref library)measures 20 x 24 on gallery wrapped canvas, M Graham acrylics. There is a bit of glare - I photographed it outside. But you get the idea!

The second painting is M Graham acrylic on canvas. My inspiration was from a late night breeding. We brought a mare up to Saratoga to be bred and caught site of the stallion watching us from the back of the barn.. THe painting is titled Midnight Rendezvous. This one took me less than 2 hours to paint. I used to labor over paintings and take weeks to get them done. So this is very refreshing for me to able to slap down the paint!:D

C & C is always welcomed and appreciated!

Deborah

dreamz
09-04-2007, 04:23 PM
the first one is gorgeous, but I really like the second one, it has a real abstract quality to it as well as great color

idcrisis55
09-04-2007, 04:45 PM
I enjoyed both paintings. The intentness of the horse, the palette, all works well together. The 2nd painting I really like as it has wonderful strokes, touches of color and just strikes my fancy. :)

LavenderFrost
09-05-2007, 12:34 PM
I like them both, but I think the second one would really touch the heart of horse lovers.

Mz_Sketch_Pad
09-05-2007, 12:56 PM
i like the way u slapped it down hee hee

jan409
09-05-2007, 01:39 PM
I am with everyone else. I like both, but the second is my favorite. Jan