PDA

View Full Version : My Bella

lady-j
09-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Hi again!

This is the first large scale finished stippling that I did about 1 1/2 years ago. Besides the Alstromeria....it is the ONLY big one that I've ever finished. It is another 11x14 picture....and as you can see...it is also still in my sketchbook. It was done from a photo of my daughter sleeping.

(I am currently working on a NEW stippling that should be completed in the next few weeks. I look forward to your crits and comments on it! :) )

Jess

eef
09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Jess, I am lost for words! From the small amount of artwork I have seen so far, I can say I am amazed. To stipple with such an amount of light tones is extremely difficult, but you managed to get it just right. What else do you have?

eef

Ranger Dan
09-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Well, I am glad you've decided to with decent paper from now on! This kind of work deserves it! Very nice.

sassybird
09-04-2007, 01:39 PM
I'm with Dan. Your work should last the test of time. This is a beautiful portrait. Did she know you were drawing her?

Tammamo
09-04-2007, 02:16 PM
This is truly amazing... As a newby stippler, I will learn alot from seeing your work...
Can we get some close-ups please (and yes, people here are obsessive about close ups)

RWSewell
09-04-2007, 03:49 PM
You have a wonderful touch with your pens and you captured your girl so well.

This should be matted, framed, displayed on a wall, not in a sketchpad! Looking forward to your next piece.

:thumbsup: Rob

Bergere
09-04-2007, 04:24 PM
That is wonderful!!:D I also think you should get it matted and Framed!

lady-j
09-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks so much everyone :)

Any suggestions on matts or frames?

Tammam....I'll take some close up shots and post them for you.

Ethan.....checked out your site. LOVE your work....especially the Formula 1 stuff! We used to follow it religiously while Michael Schumacher was still in it.

Jess

DBSullivan
09-04-2007, 06:35 PM
Jess, this is wonderful. You certainly belong here hanging out with us! :thumbsup:

As far as matting and framing... in your other thread I mentioned leaving yourself a border on your next drawing and this is why. If you want to mat/frame this, you'll have to have the matting cover up part of your drawing, thus losing some of it. Also, to attach this drawing to the matting, you'll only have a little sliver of "overlap" to work with (or lose an inch or so of the image on all four sides). Check out my article on "producing prints" found at the top of the forum (there's also a link in my sig line). There's a section in there where I discuss matting/framing that may be helpful for you.

Another thought would be to leave this drawing safely in your sketchbook, have some laser copies made of it, and frame a copy.

PVHooper
09-05-2007, 03:23 AM
Stunning, love it

elaine321
09-05-2007, 05:04 AM
Brilliant work, the detail is very realistic, it looks like a photo. well done.
shame about the sketch book. I made this mistake once so I placed it on top of black card and put in a frame. Better than it hiding away in a sketch book.

lady-j
09-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Thanks so much Dave, Paul and Elaine :)

Tammam....I almost forgot to post the close-up pix for you. Here they are....:o

Jess

objectivistartist
09-12-2007, 09:15 PM
VERY nice!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tammamo
09-13-2007, 05:21 AM
Very cool Jess... I have learned a lot about patience and focus since I started doing p&i... but I think something as close to perfect as this will take much more time to be able to do...
Lovely work..

Jakeally
09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Beautifully done:clap: :clap:

tvandeb
09-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Very beautiful, indeed! You managed to capture an innocence in this beautiful drawing!!! Nice work!:clap: :clap: