PDA

View Full Version : Sources for Frames

Bergere
09-04-2007, 10:25 AM
Hi all,

Question for you..sort'a off topic.

I am looking for a vender, where I can buy nice quality Frames from.

Where do you buy yours?

MonicaB
09-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Hi Bergere, I buy mine wherever I can find them cheap -- on sale at Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc. Dick Blick also has a great selection. I typically buy the open back frames, then get the glass kit to go with it. Depends on the price.

sassybird
09-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I keep my framing simple because most people end up reframing to match their decor. I buy frames from Wal Mart, the local charity shops, and garage sales. For nicer frames check out Dick Blick.

Bergere
09-04-2007, 04:27 PM
I get mine from Dick Blick...their metal frames are fine but less than impressed with their wood ones, which so far, always have knicks and problems with the paint.

Also want to keep it simple. Had a 50% off for Micheals but missed the sale. Sigh ~~

So it sounds like watching for sales is best.;)

DBSullivan
09-04-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm fortunate as I get most of my wooden frames from a local frame manufacturer. I've known him for 25 years and he gives me some pretty good deals. But if you're not lucky enough to have someone like that, Dick Blick, Walmart, etc are decent sources.... or take a look here (http://framersisland.com/index.php/cPath/38)

kitaye
09-04-2007, 07:48 PM
As stupid as it sounds some of the nicest frames I own are from Walmart. At one time they had oak frames on for a decent price, 2 for $10 or something like that. They are limited in sizes though.