PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Sept. 3 - Sept. 9

LJW
09-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Pat's away for the weekend, so I'll start the chat thread this week. We're having lovely weather for this holiday, lots of sunshine and not too hot temperatures.

Have a great day and let us know how things are going in your neck of the woods. :)

Jane

Pat Isaac
09-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Thanks so much, Jane. I managed to get on a computer up here in Maine. Great weekend and my daughter is doing very well. I'll be back tomorrow and catch up on everything.

Enjoy, Pat
:)

AngelaF
09-06-2007, 08:02 AM
Hi Jane and Pat. I read last week's posts, though did not participate -- computer disconnected during part of remodel. I am glad to hear things are going so well for your daughter, Pat. I hope her recovery from surgery is fast.

I am still working on redo -- I am working hard on my part -- have new kitchen counters -- other finish work in kitchen -- guy here on and off -- hopefully coming today to finish most of kitchen (soffit moving after cabinet moving). My September 1 deadline has come and gone -- but really I have worked hard -- just not done yet. Flooring still in limbo -- makes it hard to set up studio or great room for that matter as so much packed away in readiness. I am going to work with attorney general consumer section, hopefully I can get a floor or at least money back soon. The flooring guy calls sporadically (3 x total) and says it is a supplier problem.

Really, even though my deadlline has past -- I am redoubling my efforts in the next couple of weeks to get this redo off the priority list, move it down and balance it with actually do art soon and regularly!!!

Hope all is working out with getting your studio organized, Pat!

Hope you are getting to paint, too, Jane.

I will have to shut this computer down again, so will be in and out. The kitchen handyman guy is supposed to install some new phone jacks also, just so slooooooooow getting to that -- so I can plug this computer in somewhere else, besides the kitchen where I have to keep disconnecting it right now.

Take care all, think of you all fondly, Angela

LJW
09-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Angela, thanks for dropping by and giving us an update on your situation. I really hope that the floor gets sorted out soon. I have managed a couple of paintings recently - did a cat for the WDE this past weekend for fun. Jane

Pat Isaac
09-06-2007, 04:28 PM
Nice to have you dropping in, Angela. Sounds as if your renovations are coming along and then there is the floor. Hope that gets settled soon.
My daughter is doing very well and her doctor said she could now do anything that felt comfortable, no jogging or pushups....:lol: She plans on going back to work on Monday. She will see an oncologist next weeke to determine if she needs any treatment.
The studio is looking good and I hope to start painting soon...

Pat

LJW
09-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Great news, Pat, about your daughter. Glad to hear that the studio is coming along. I'm sure you'll be happy to get back to painting. Jane

fishfan
09-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Hi all. I'm just checking to let you know I' hanging around but haven't been painting or posting for several weeks now and probably won't start up again for a month or two. I've been salmon fishing in New Brunswick, have a couple of courses to teach (here and in Colorado), and have another fishing trip to British Columbia. The good news is that I already have some wonderful new images for paintings and hope to have more by the end of October. I may also have a Middle East trip that month as well. A busy time.

Pat, so good to hear your daughter is doing well. Maybe I'll visit your new studio when I drive through Massachusettsto Maine and Canada next summer.

LJW
09-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I've been wondering where you were. Fishing, of course! Wow, you really are busy teaching and travelling. Looking forward to seeing your new paintings when you get a chance to paint. Jane

Pat Isaac
09-07-2007, 07:01 AM
Thanks, Ed. I figured you were off fishing somewhere. You certainly have some wonderful trips coming up and by all means do stop by on your way through MA....

Pat

LJW
09-07-2007, 12:04 PM
It's 90 degrees here today! And humid. I've been sitting on the porch in the sun, but I think I'll have to stay indoors this afternoon. Hope you're enjoying the last of the summer weather. We hope to go to the local fall agricultural fair tomorrow provided it doesn't rain (as is predicted). Jane

Pat Isaac
09-07-2007, 04:11 PM
Ah, yes, Jane, it is supposed to hit 90 here tomorrow and I will probably be inside also. Some rain would be nice as everything is so dry. My husband repaired some folding doors that we have in our studio to block off the little kitchen sitting area and I am going to get paint and paint them next week. I have been revamping our web site and trying to get that current. Still not sure where everyone went to, but should know by the end of the month.
Enjoy the fair, Jane.

Pat