PDA

View Full Version : Houses of Parliament WIP

Tammamo
09-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Is it a common situation that one starts several pieces and then more pieces and then cannot finish any... I am working on the Geneva piece, the portrait and this one...

I have always been fascinated by the houses of parliament in London... You just have to love the building and the charachter... So I decided to stipple it :D

Here is the reference photo
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2007/106534-parliament.jpg

As usual, I discover just how complicated the work is after I already start it. I have started this during my holidays in Damascus but never got around to doing much... I did some more in Somalia..

It is 12 x 9 on Bristol extra smooth using a copic multiliner in sepia (I found this by coincidence in an art shop)...

Here is where I am now
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2007/106534-IMG_0262.jpg
And a close up
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2007/106534-IMG_0263.jpg
I have used a lot of what I have learned from the stipplers in this forum... I hope you guys are proud of your protege :)

C & C please

sassybird
09-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Tammamo, you did some real work on this one. The detail is wonderful. One little thing that I want to point out to you though is that your tower is leaning to the right.

objectivistartist
09-02-2007, 11:44 PM
very impressive - is not easy doing buildings period, to say nothing of ones like this, in stipple...... :thumbsup:

and yes - understand very well having several projects going on at the same time - two right now, with prelims of three more [:eek:] in the wings.....:rolleyes: [at least managed to get the xmas card one out of the way....:clap:]:D

PVHooper
09-03-2007, 03:41 AM
wow, busy, busy,busy, very nice

mmcgarrett
09-03-2007, 07:56 AM
This is looking very nice - it's a really complex building and you a doing a great job on it.

And yes, I have three pieces going right now - pomegranates, my Christmas card, and a black and white stipple piece I've been working on for almost a year :eek: I'm determined to finish all three before the end of the year.

eef
09-03-2007, 08:15 AM
I'm loving this one Tammam :thumbsup:

Brings back memories of my drawing. Spooky though....your ref photo is virtually identical to the one I used!

Keep 'em coming.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Sep-2007/78909-Houses.of.parliament.overall.arp.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/03-Sep-2007/78909-hopwc.jpg

eef

MonicaB
09-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Excellent!

friesin
09-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Gosh, what a detailed drawing you did !!!!!!!!!

I could never do that !!!

valchina612
09-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow, there's a lot of work in this Tammam. Bravo to you, and I also like the Sepia colour. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

Tammamo
09-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Charissa, thank you for the support... Yes, I can see that the tower is leaning, but I think it is because of a not balanced photo :) but it might be as well... in this case, the british will have to forgive my slip :rolleyes:

Robert, thank you mate

Paul, Cheers, thanks for the kind words,

Micki, thanks and good luck with your three pieces :)

Ethan, Mate, there is a definate spot on the opposite side of the river between the bridge and London eye besides a certain lamb post where you can take this exact photo... I have always noticed people in queues to take photos from that spot... I guess that what give us the exact same reference... NOW ON THE OTHER HAND, I wish I didn't see your work because it makes mine look ugly :crying: you did a great job with that one mate... and one day, I will do work as good as that :cool:

Monica, thanks dear

Friesin, of course you can, I thought I couldn't dream of it until I took the pen and started actually working on it... give it a try :thumbsup:

Val, thank you my friend

eef
09-03-2007, 11:35 AM
No no no Tammam! I really like the way your going with the Sepia colour. And, ugly is not a word I would use to describe this Tammam. I'm waiting to see the finished Geneva drawing too.

So, get off the computer and get finishing that artwork......go on!

eef

DBSullivan
09-03-2007, 12:47 PM
My goodness Tam... you certainly have come a long way in a short time. This is wonderful! :thumbsup:

I'm not really a "stippler", but I'm proud of you none-the-less! :D

Ranger Dan
09-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Nice start on this Tammam, I held off commenting until I figured out what was bugging me about it. I really like the sepia - I think that makes this drawing much better. After 3 or 4 times looking I finally figured out that the windows and some darker shades could use some black in them. And you wouldn't have to go solid or even all that heavy. Like I said, it took me several looks to figure that out, so it isn't that obvious and isn't terribly important. I just figured you might want to try that. Now looking yet again, I realise that you may be intending to do that anyhow. Sorry if I jumped ahead of you there.

Tammamo
09-04-2007, 04:55 AM
Ethan, thanks mate... everybody here is a real good artist, but some raise the bar and keep others challenged. I guess that is what such great artists are doing on WC... I actually was jocking when I said that I wish I didn't see your work, it is a really beautiful piece and I am happy I saw it... I have learned more :)

Dave, thank you my friend, your words are always nice to hear... afterall, it was you who pushed me most.

Dan, You are absolutely right, the windows need some black... I was planning to do the whole thing in sepia so I did the windows in sepia until I realised that I could do the bridge and some of the roofs in black for more "life" in it... I was thinking since that it can have some black on the windows but I am still waiting to finish the sepia before I think of that seriously as I am scared of screwing it now... So I will do the whole sepia and go back to think of black :) do I make any sense???

elaine321
09-04-2007, 07:24 AM
This is excellent Tammam. There is soooo much detail. It is brilliant. As for Ethan's, well we expect his to be brilliant, as he definitely is a master of stipple!!
Looking forward to seeing it finished!!!

mudslinger
09-04-2007, 08:53 AM
yeah, some nice darks will make this baby pop! looking good, tammam! :thumbsup: