PDA

View Full Version : Greenie's Weekly Sept 2 - 8

Lady Carol
09-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Hi everyone, the Greenies' potting shed is open again for coffee, biscuits, chat and ... whatever!

I went to Longwood Garden's yesterday and got some terrific photos of bugs and flowers. I will post these later in the forum. Have a great week. I am off to the beach tomorrow for a week.

bayoudragon
09-02-2007, 10:10 AM
*jealous* :p :lol:

Had an art session with my mother-in-law and her sister yesterday. We get together the first Saturday of the month. Was a great visit! :) Food, herbal tea, wine, and lots of chocolate! :D Oh, and we also did some art, too. :lol:

-Ang

Fozbot
09-02-2007, 11:46 AM
Mornin', Carol.:wave:

i envy you your artistic friends, Ang. all mine are on the internet...so far anyway. sounds like you had a wonderful day.:)

i've been studying up on the Art Nouveau period for this month's challenge. i was originally just looking for ideas but what i was finding was so interesting i got caught up in it bigtime. there's some great info out there on the period and the artists.

some friends from Seattle were here for vacation at their cottage so we had a nice get-together Thursday. they treated me to dinner at Lesters, a fantastic local rib joint. best ribs i've ever had by far!

Lady Carol
09-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Love ribs. One of my favourite foods. :D Messy to eat but who cares.

Oh, and Ang, I am jealous that you get a play date with art supplies, chocolate, wine and rellies.

bayoudragon
09-02-2007, 11:10 PM
LoL! :D

Laura D
09-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Billie, if you ever come to Seattle to visit them let me know!

Dear son gave me a bouquet and I bought a white rose on the same day so took lots of pictures yesterday. I'll get more of the rose today or tomorrow as it opens.

Not a lot of painting done recently, having too much fun going thru my reference photos. I chose one by Madmum, your pink rose on a box from the RIL. I've gotten the drawing almost done and will transfer it tomorrow, I hope. The dog-sitting is keeping me busy, I have 4 today!

Lady Carol
09-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Hi everyone, a flying visit while the internet connection lasts. I am at the beach accessing someone else's unsecured wireless :D :D :lol: Be back Sunday.

Fozbot
09-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Billie, if you ever come to Seattle to visit them let me know!

thanks, Laura!

Carol, tsk, tsk.......:rolleyes: :lol:

madmum
09-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Evening!

I haven't been around as much as I would usually be, lots going on here at the moment keeping me away.

Only two weeks until we leave Amy at her new University halls in Bangor, North Wales (three hours away by train on a good day), so final preparations are ongoing. DH and I will be staying in Bangor for two nights to enjoy the scenery, but don't expect to see anything of Amy while she's settling in. It'll be a nice break without kids - the first time ever! lol

I bought a new camera, the photos are great except I spotted a fault in every image, so it has to go back for repair or replacement! :(

Here's one photo from it - snag it and paint if you like :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2007/10535-sm0907Cath_garden0008.jpg

Not had time to do anything for the Art Nouveau challenge yet :(

Ruth

bayoudragon
09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Ruth, those flowers are beautiful! :)

Lady Carol
09-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Carol, tsk, tsk.......:rolleyes: :lol:
:lol: Thank you "Watkins" whoever you are. You are available tonight too :lol: