PDA

View Full Version : Orchid: C. Resplendens

lani noa
09-01-2007, 02:28 PM
This is a 9"-12" Oil on Canvas Board.
I decided to push myself on this one, it is very detailed, however, that is what the person this is intended for likes. This is only my second oil, so I must say, I learned a lot. The picture is somewhat off, I tried to correct it somwhat, but still the background appears black but is actually a very dark multicolored green and there is a loss in the way the colors play. Oh well, the lighting on this one was what grabbed me. I hope I captured it to some extent.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/01-Sep-2007/63271-DSCN2170.JPG (http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/Uploader/upload_image_save2.php#)

Any C&C's are really welcomed!

~frangipani~
09-01-2007, 04:26 PM
Beautiful, love how you have captured the frilliness of the petals.

susieq632002
09-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Wow thats beautifull.
Sue

ChuckL
09-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Wonderful!

...chuck

Fozbot
09-01-2007, 11:05 PM
very well executed painted with such a complicated subject.:) your colors are wonderful!

lani noa
09-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Wow, thank you all for your wonderful comments. I hope the recipient feels the same (over due birthday present, took forever to dry). Any suggestions as to where I should sign this?

Fozbot
09-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Wow, thank you all for your wonderful comments. I hope the recipient feels the same (over due birthday present, took forever to dry). Any suggestions as to where I should sign this?

i'd suggest signing this right across those pink petals in the lower right of the painting. they seem to draw the eye down and off the painting. your signature cutting across them would stop the viewer's eye.

painterbear
09-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Misty,
This is a beautifully painted orchid. Trying to picture the dark green background which would be even better than the black that is showing up here. Sometimes it is so difficult to get the color balance right for showing our paintings here. If we get the greens to look right, the pinks or blues will be off and vice versa. :rolleyes: Thanks for explaining about the BG though, so we can at least imagine it.

I like Billie's suggestion for placement of your signature. :thumbsup:

Sylvia

Lady Carol
09-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Lovely. Colours are great.