PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Aug. 27 - Sept. 2

Pat Isaac
08-27-2007, 07:18 AM
Good morning everyone,

Yikes, I just typed Sept.!!!! The months are going by fast. Beautiful day today and I'll be back later with a report of my daughter's surgery.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
08-27-2007, 08:50 AM
Pat, I don't understand why the summer months fly by and the winter months drag on. August has gone by in a flash. Today is supposed to be sunny and not too hot, so I'll be out of doors most of the day. I'll be thinking of you and your daughter. Hope all goes well. Jane

Pat Isaac
08-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Our daughter's surgery went very well. There were no other issues and the doctor said she will recover quickly because she is in such good health. They did take some lymph nodes and those results will come in later. As of now no chemo is necessary. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. You guys are great!
We will be visiting the hospital tomorrow and I will let you know the progress.
The studio is almost just about set up and I am looking forward to getting back to work next week.
Great weather today.

Pat

LJW
08-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Great news, Pat. I hope her recovery goes as well as the doctor expects and that the tests prove negative. Jane

Pat Isaac
08-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Thanks, Jane. I have a good feeling about it. Can you believe this? Today she asked my SIL to bring her a compact because she wanted to be presentable and not have her nose shine......:rolleyes: Guess she is in good spirits despite being hooked up to everything for the time being.

Pat

LJW
08-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Good to hear, Pat. Keep us posted on her recovery. It's another late summer day here, sunny and warm, so I'm off to sit on the porch. It cuts into my current painting time, but I'll be able to paint cosily indoors all winter long. With Freddie not doing car travel anymore, I haven't been able to do any plein air landscapes this year. I may try a still life sketch on the porch when the temperature cools off a bit. Jane

Pat Isaac
08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Thanks, Jane. We are off to the hospital soon and this is the day after surgery, so she may not be feeling the greatest, but I'm sure she'll pop back fast.
It is gorgeous here today also. Did some watering this morning as everything is really parched. I hope to pick our first beets and maybe another round of beans when I get home.
A series of views from the porch would be nice, Jane. How is Freddie doing other than car travel?

Pat

LJW
08-28-2007, 12:13 PM
He's doing fine for an old guy. Still enjoying his meals a lot, which is a good sign. Sleeps quite a bit, and doesn't do walks anymore, but seems happy. We're picking beans for dinner as well. I haven't planted beets this year because something ate them last year. Our tomatoes have done reasonably well, though our peppers were really slowed down by earlier cool weather. It looks like we'll have a good crop of potatoes and carrots. Jane

LJW
08-29-2007, 10:11 AM
Pat, the view from my back porch is mostly of cedar bush (with flower beds near the house, but I can't figure out how to portray flower beds as opposed to individual flowers). I was thinking more of setting up a still life on the porch and painting that. It's going to be 90 degrees here today - that's most unusual for late August. I'd better get out in the sun this morning, because I'll want to be indoors later.

It's been quite quiet here lately - is everyone busy getting ready for the start of school? Jane

hopalong
08-29-2007, 11:11 AM
Pat, so sorry to hear the news about your daughter. I hope she is doing well and recovers from surgery.

Jane, glad to hear your old dog is doing well too...all dogs sleep alot but it seems like old dogs sleep ALL the time!!

Sorry for my long absence. I have been getting my daughter settled into her last year of high school after being out sick for 9 months. After some fumbling around, its working out that she attends 1/2 of the day and comes home to rest and study for the rest. Very busy time taking to all her teachers, her dean, arranging Dr's. notes for getting her out of gym and home for resting.....EEKKK. So much stuff. On top of that, she has a cold. UGH. But I really do think she is out of the woods and mending well.

I've also been working in....gulp....watercolors. I'm sure I'll be back to check in when I have more time and I'm SURE I'll be back to working in ops! I think the switch to WC has been in spired by all the flooding we have had in recent months.

Take care all....be back when things calm down a bit.

LJW
08-29-2007, 11:54 AM
Lindsay, good to hear from you. How was your holiday? I'm glad that your daughter can get back to school at least part-time. It's really been a long haul for her recovery from mono. Hope you have more luck with watercolour than I did. I learned to paint with wc but never gained any proficiency. It's fun to try different media - if I hadn't tried OPs, I wouldn't be as happy a painter as I am now. Hope you will produce some more of your Chicago cityscapes, though. You were showing terrific progress in your painting, and I really miss them. Jane

wabbitt
08-29-2007, 02:10 PM
Pat, I'm glad your daughter's recovering quickly.

Lindsay, good to hear from you again. I bet your daughter is sick of being sick. I can't imagine feeling like that for 9 months!

Jane, that's great that you are enjoying the warm weather.

I never thought a drawing class could be so physically taxing. Last night we were doing 15-20 second sketches for the first hour, 1-2 minute sketches for the second hour, then up to 10 minute sketches for the third hour of class. I try to stand for the first hour but I am definately sitting after that. I woke up this morning with my back and shoulders a little sore. Not like a backache, more like I had a workout last night. No rest for the weary, I'm playing tennis tonight.

LJW
08-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Julie, sounds like a real workout. Wow, they really expect you to work fast! Don't get tennis elbow in your drawing arm. I once fell skiing and tore a ligament in my thumb, while at the same time I was taking an art course. They put my wrist and thumb into a cast and although I tried, I just couldn't draw or paint. Jane

Pat Isaac
08-29-2007, 08:12 PM
lindsay, thanks for the update and I am happy to hear that your daughter is feeling better and getting back into things. It takes awhile andI remeber the issues when my daughter had it. I hope the school can work out the schedule.
Also glad to hear that you are still painting.
Julie, i remember those drawing classes, they are very intense, but you learn so much.
Great news aboout my daughter. Her lymph nodes tested negative! She was feeling really good today when we visited and all the tubes and things come out tomorrow. She is chomping at the bit to come home so that is a really good sign. Thank you again for all your concerns an prayers. You are a wonderful support group.

Pat

LJW
08-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Pat, so glad to hear the good news about the tests! Your daughter seems to be making a really rapid recovery. No doubt she'll feel even better once the tubes come out. Jane

Pat Isaac
08-30-2007, 07:07 AM
I won't be around for a few days. We are going to our friend's lake house for a break and I won't have a computer available. I will still be in touch with my daughter and as of now it looks as if she doesn't need help when she comes home. Her husband will be around all weekend and she a a wonderful group of neighbors supplying food. I will probably go there when her husband goes back to work on Tuesday, but only for the day.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Pat

LJW
08-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Have a relaxing time at the lake, Pat. It's good to know that your daughter is doing so well. Jane

hopalong
08-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Thanks for your kind thoughts everyone! I'm really appreciating WC for plien air work but I'm getting the pull to go back to OPS! I knew it would not last long.
Thanks Jane...I might get back to city scapes again. I'm feeling a bit restless with the landscapes only and might want to find a way to combine landand city scapes.

Pat! Wonderful news about your daughter! So happy for you. Thanks and Yes the school is being very helpful about my daughter's schedule. Have a good few days off.

Julie, I TOTALLY understand about how exhausted you can be in drawing class. Those fast drawings require so much concentration.

AnnieA
08-30-2007, 02:20 PM
This is just a drive-by post (other things going on), but I wanted to say I'm happy to hear about your daughter, Pat. :)

LJW
09-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Lovely fall day here, and looking great for the long weekend. Not much traffic on the OPs forum - I guess everyone's spending the last free weekend of the summer doing other things. I'm off to do a painting in the Weekend Drawing Event (WDE) in the All Media Art Events forum. It's always a busy forum on the weekend. If you haven't found that forum yet, it's very near the top of the forum list - have a look. It's a great challenge and great fun. Jane