PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Victory...but needing some advice!

paintergirl
05-24-2002, 01:47 PM
Posted 6 mini paintings a week back but completely bungled how to list them.( no thumbnail ...ooops)I wanted to keep the listing price down as the opening bid on mini's is often quite low. ( I went with 9.99)

The pictures loaded terrible and were grainy and dark, not appealing when you have done miniature paintings where the focus is alot of detail...Luckily, 3 of them sold but with no thanks to ebay picture uploader. I have heard of sites that will host your pictures...any oppinions on that? I want the pictures to be in the thumbnail and on the auction page, not interested in a link to another site etc...
Since I put alot of time into detail, to have things come out dark and smudgy or grainy looking is frustrating beyond belief.

Last year I listed 3 large paintings with no problem ( feature plus) , they appeared a little darker but the clarity was good. The mini's however, are really posing a problem. I get them scanned and edited (with much fighting) on my end, but they appear very different once up there...Would this be a pixel issue or ?

Many thanks for your input...

CarlyHardy
05-24-2002, 05:02 PM
Stay tuned for the Wet Canvas web hosting services. Scott will offer image hosting in one of the site packages being offered! This will be announced very soon!

In the meantime...create a larger pic for the ebay pic. You can upload a 7 inch photo easily and it will appear nicer than a small image. Make sure you scan for higher resolution when doing a minature painting...then you can downsize it for clarity.

carly

paintergirl
05-26-2002, 12:15 PM
Thanks Carly...I will scan them at a higher resolution. I didn't understand what you meant by a photo uploading better...Time for this girl to get a better camera!

These are 2" x3"...if I photograph them rather then scan, it will probably come out cleaner?
I hated losing the detail like I did as that was the focus of these mini's...arrrghhh!
I have 4 more to post this week with soke bigger ones also. I am puzzled over what to do with a 2'x3' canvas I will be putting up also.
I was going to take digital photos of it, but had wished I could get some very clean close-ups of sections of the painting...possibly I may scan a corner to show the detail the camera will miss?

paintergirl
05-26-2002, 12:16 PM
Bless you Scott for coming out with image hosting!!!!! Poeple like me need all the help we can get! LOL ...