PDA

View Full Version : Greenies' Weekly:Aug. 26th - Sept. 2nd

Charlie's Mum
08-26-2007, 08:11 AM
Hi everyone, the Greenies' potting shed is open again for coffee, biscuits, chat and ... whatever!

Do share anything that takes your fancy! :D

We had a great dinner party last night and I'm pleased to say the meal was delicious - after worrying so much about over-cooking etc!
Now the house is all tidy again (though it took a little longer than 15mins Laura!) I'm hoping to spend some time out in the lovely weather we have today (for a change), maybe do some drawing ... and work on a project for the forum!

Better get cracking! :D

Charlie's Mum
08-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Well - where is everyone?
It's lonely in here today!

I'm about ready for bed - so you'll have to entertain yourselves :lol:

Lady Carol
08-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey Maureen, just got back from Boston from a weekend of fabulous food and wine. Our friends really know how to host guests :D

We also had the opportunity to go whale watching which was great and a cooler way to spend the day around Boston as it was suppose to be 95F but on the water it was much cooler.

C_Line
08-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi Maureen and Carol. Gone half the day myself today, unexpectedly. Then tons of errands, yardwork, etc., etc., etc. Nothing much fun! Weekends are much too short.

Charlie's Mum
08-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Well Celeste, you'd have had an extra day here - today is August Bank Holiday Monday!:D

ranunkel
08-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey all :wave:
So much happend here the last week.
I had so much work, but now I got some time for my drawings and flowers.

I am looking forward to the monthly flower project!

Fozbot
08-28-2007, 08:14 PM
it's been a week for the books here, too. i lost my faithful studio assistant, Raven the cat Sunday, Aug. 19th to cancer. i didn't feel much like painting after that so i went out and drowned my sorrows in my gardens. they needed a lot of TLC anyway. now i'm ready to get back in the saddle, so to speak.

Labor Day is this weekend so i hope to have two more paintings matted, framed and over to the gallery before then. it's the last 'hoorah' for the local tourist industry here so maybe they'll sell fast.

bayoudragon
08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
Well, after seeing everyone's workspace in last week's thread, I've decided to break down and get me a drawing table... the desk just isn't working anymore! :p Too much stuff and no place to work! :rolleyes:

Lately, I've been very unproductive as far as art goes. Surely, a new table will change all that! :D :lol:

Maybe I can even squeeze in the monthly project. ;)

-Ang

Charlie's Mum
08-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Billie - so sorry about Raven ....... it's very hard to lose a pet, they are one of the family after all.

Wish a new table would do it for me Ang - I keep trying to get to mine and the paints - keep getting stopped!

Fozbot
08-29-2007, 12:54 PM
aww...thanks Maureen. i sure miss my baby girl but she was pretty sick. i'm just glad she went peacefully.

Ang, a table WILL change things! it sure did for me. i felt like a real artist once i got my art table.:)