PDA

View Full Version : Something different I call "Creation"

Constellation
08-23-2007, 11:54 AM
I was inspired by amazing photos taken at the Hubbell Telescope that circulated on the internet a few weeks ago... this one was of a storm on the Swan Nebula.... I think I may brighten some of the colors a tish more. It's done with a combo of soft pastels on colorfix.... 9 X 12.... Comments welcome...Donna Rhttp://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2007/72213-creation1.jpg

Pippa
08-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Beautiful! I love the contrast between the warm and the cool colours, and I find the shapes and swirls intriguing! :) I find the lower right corner a bit too dark however, but that's just my opinion.

maggie latham
08-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Hello,
Very intriguing! I love the vibrant colors in this.
Maggie

prestonsega
08-23-2007, 03:22 PM
This has an almost fantasy appeal,,..very ethereal. The complimentary color combo helps give this work its strength.

Donna T
08-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Ethereal was what came to my mind too... sort of dream-like. This is so nice and the colors you used are just perfect!

Donna T

lenagh
08-23-2007, 04:41 PM
This is very beautiful - I particularly like the rendering of the middle layers of swirls: great sense of cohesion without being repetitive. I've been sketching a lot of clouds recently, and the colours of these nebula are a great contrast. I agree, however, with the bottom right being a bit too dark and pulling the eye down a tad too much.
Great piece!
Gesa

Netty
08-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Lots of energy and movement in this painting, it is really beautiful! I love the contrasts of colour and light! I think the dark corner is great and adds the mysterious feel that clouds have when they are brewing in storm.
Some of the most beautiful sunsets have the darkests darks included with the light pinks and oranges.
Really gorgeous!
Annie:)

CindyW
08-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Donna,
This is great!!
Very nice colors and subject matter!! as I am very much awed by all the Hubble photos over the past couple years, too.
Cindy

Dark_Shades
08-24-2007, 05:22 AM
my husband would be very much interested to see those photos, and I will be sure to tell him of the work you did from them - great job - love the feed through of colour and light - its one of those paintings you could sit for ages just staring into, imagining things

well done indeed

Constellation
08-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks for looking everyone..... this was a fun painting and I guess I put that very dark corner there because I feel that to make the brights brighter you need a very dark area and I wanted it to look like a fiery explosion. Dark Shades... if I ever figure out how long ago I got that E mail I'll let you know and try to send it to you.... Thanks again, everyone. Donna R.

pastelmimigt
09-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Gorgeous! Stunning colors and composition.

Michele

amandanator
09-21-2008, 05:32 AM
I just love the photos from the Hubble too, and you did a wonderful job capturing it. Beautiful.

Mandy

bchlvr
09-21-2008, 08:25 AM
The colors, shapes and texture is beautiful!

Constellation
09-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Thank you all so much Michelle, Mandy and Linn. It's so strange to see these older paintings of mine showing up again after so long...I haven't done any painting in ages since I fractured a shoulder and hip and have been involved in healing... but I'm just about READY to start again! ;)... Donna R

Momentus
09-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Very cool and warm. I love those photos they are amazing.