PDA

View Full Version : AuctionWatch

Shai
05-23-2002, 12:36 AM
I just did a quick search through past threads and didn't find any on this topic. I was wondering if any of you are using AuctionWatch services?

Feedback and comments, anyone? Thanks!

centyr
05-23-2002, 10:56 AM
i have been using auctionwatch for a couple of months now. I like it a lot. My total time for a ebay sell before auctionwatch was about an hour. Now i spend 15 min per sale that is including packing time and once they have the interface to stamps.com that will go down even more. Also if you are paying to have your pictures hosted if use auction watch to list with, your pictures are hosted free on their site.

cory

nicoletta
05-23-2002, 01:13 PM
what is actionwatch? info please

nicoletta

centyr
05-23-2002, 01:37 PM
goto www.auctionwatch.com

Sumafra
05-23-2002, 01:47 PM
I've looked at the website, but could you tell us exactly how it saves you time, and do you think it increases exposure and sales? They seem to claim that it does. I get the impression that you can have a store with them instead of Ebay, or both probably. Any info on how this works would be appreciated.

centyr
05-23-2002, 02:59 PM
i don't think it increases your exposer any i haven't noticed any increase at least. You can have store with them but i do not.

As for time saving it allows me to have a blank template where all i have to do is change the links to my images and change my descriptions. At the end of the auction if there is a winning bidder it automatically emails them informing them of my end of auction process and payment methods. If they pay with paypal or bill point which most people do. I have the email informing of payment sent to my auctionwatch email address where auctionwatch will apply the payment and enter the mailing address. Then all i have to do is go in and print an invoice which auctionwatch makes up for you, pack the painting. print the postage and send it on its way. click on a button to send an email to the customer that the painting has been mailed. click on another button to leave feedback. Then when i know the painting has arrived i send another email asking if it arrived in good conditions, thanking them for their business and asking them to please leave feed back for me.

It will also let you schedule when your auction launches, which is nice for me since i am a nite person and starting auction at 3 or 4 in the morning is not good.

It also keeps the email address from all my auction winners.

it also allows me one place to go to see how many hits and any bids on my auctions from one screen.

cory

Sumafra
05-24-2002, 12:12 AM
Thanks Centyr. Is there a charge for this service?

centyr
05-24-2002, 12:35 AM
yes there is. they have several different plans to choose from. Most of them are based on a listing fee plus a certain % of the final value if the item sells. the plan i am on is 10 cents per listing plus 1% of the final value if the item sells. image hosting is free if you use them to list your acutions.

cory

paintergirl
05-24-2002, 01:13 PM
Wow...I wasnt even aware of this service, thanks for posting the link...

Paintbrush74
05-24-2002, 07:10 PM
Corey, so it's just 10 cents per listing and the 1% fee, and that's all?? Sounds interesting.

Actually, speaking of the template, I have my own, which I've already supplied with the necessary html tags and subtitles. But auctionwatch seems to have a lot of really nice features. I may give it a try.

arlene
05-24-2002, 07:15 PM
i might too once the auctions start paying off...

for those who know I don't paint be sure to check out my new auction

tammy
05-26-2002, 01:55 AM
From what I gather about this service from several people is that they find the templates for listing a big plus in using AW.

Laura Brito
05-26-2002, 05:05 AM
I used to use Auctionwatch but found very fast that it was very expensive. I ended up paying upwards of 75.00 per month to use them, I moved instead of Seller's Assistant Pro by ebay, it costs me 15.99 a month and I can have 5 accounts in it, it will keep my inventory, upload and manage my images, do my emails, keep all info on my own hard drive instead of somewhere else. The only thing it won't do that auctionwatch does do is keep counters. But in reality that is no big deal. I love it, I do list alot though, so for others auctionwatch may be the way to go.

Laura

tammy
05-26-2002, 11:23 AM
I'm just glad that I know html and that my ISP supplies space for hosting my own images. That way I can do my own listings, templates etc and only provide the address to my images including my internet access.
I know these other places have nice services for auctions but my fees for eBay certainly take care of any spare change I've got in my pocket. LOL.

paintergirl
05-26-2002, 11:30 AM
The idea of being able to track everything from one page sounds most attractive though! :D

Laura Brito
05-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Seller's assistant allows you to host your pictures on your own web site (as I do), it also doesn't charge anything extra. It lets you build your own templates however you like them as well. It can basically just do whatever you want it to do. I have to try and keep my ebay fees down as well, as they add up to alot, last month I paid about 900.00 in fees alone, but most of those fees were for listings that will be up for 4 months. I like this program because I can access even if the site is down, I also keep a hard copy of the database on my own machine instead of them having it on theirs. With 1000s of items it is the easiest of all the options (which I have tried) - I haven't found anything better, it can be buggie at times, but overall it works just fine. I tend to find bugs since I use this program much more than other sellers. They are things I can live with though.

Good Luck
Laura

tammy
05-26-2002, 02:14 PM
That's good advice Laura. Even though my situation works for me, I know of gobs of folks who are constantly looking for these types of services. We all need to know the good ones.

CathyD
05-27-2002, 01:56 AM
www.auctiva.com is another listing service for around $15 a month, they offer similar services as those mentioned and you can try if free for 30 days!
Cathy

Paintbrush74
06-11-2002, 02:39 PM
Laura, if you don't mind my asking, who hosts your website? I use hostsave.com for 7.95 per month, and the only time I tried to use remote file posting from my site, it didn't work. I wrote them an email asking about their policy on that (they haven't yet replied), but if they won't let me link to individual files, I might switch to another company, so I'm looking.

I don't see much sense in paying for a website AND paying for remote file hosting also.

Lenora

Laura Brito
06-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Hi

I do not use Autionwatch as I did the past because of the expense of it, that is the reason I moved to Seller's Assistant Pro, it is cheaper for me to use and it will manage all my items (all individual unique items). If I stop selling for a month or two I have all my data on my computer and it isn't lost after 60 days (maybe 30 or 90, I don't remember how long they hold the info for you anymore), so that is my reason for using Seller's Assistant. As to hosting the pictures on my own web site, the reason I do this is because ebay charges a fee after the first picture (I think it is just one, might be two), I often will post 3 and up to 12 pictures of an item (only if it needs it). I find that the more pitures I post of an item, especially expensive items, the less emails I have to asnwer plus they really see what the item is like and don't want to return it because of some left out feature. So in order to keep my expenses down I do it like that. My web site actually does have items for sale on it, it has most of my ebay listings using their little java script program to put them there and I also have a page that sells items outside of ebay (no fees! hehe), so it does generate some sales and activitity. As to the cost of my web site, I pay a little bit per year, something like 120.00 or something like that when I remember, because it is a good friend who runs my site and he doesn't really charge me, I just pay when I remember and he doesn't really want me to pay as well. 7.95 is very reasonable for a web site and yes they should allow you to link to your pictures, you only problem will be hits, if you have a picture that gets a huge amount of hits, it might turn off the picture to keep the bandwidth down, which is a problem with alot of places that offer space. Mine doesn't have any limits at all.

I hope this helps, sorry if it ididn't. I didn't need auctionwatches hosting service for pictures because I have my own spot, and it was cheaper for me to host them myself. I also had a bad experience with them on free listing day (my listings didn't make it up on time) so I was charged quite a bit by ebay.

There will be another free listing day around the 20th of this month from what I understand...<grin> get ready!

Laura