PDA

View Full Version : Bird of Paradise and Rose Bud

sassybird
08-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Both are done with archival inks and paper. Both of these are 6x6"" on Bristol board. I am not really happy with the bird of paradise. Maybe some suggestions. I can always add more dots::D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2007/1355-13_Sz.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2007/1355-5_Sz.jpg

SunsetSue
08-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I like the bird of paradise best, probably due to the color. I am not very familiar with the style, so I have no suggestions or critiques. They are very interesting to look at. Where do you find the patience to do all those dots, Charissa?

C_Line
08-15-2007, 07:40 PM
I like both of these and rather like the geometric forms and composition of the Bird of Paradise.

Lady Carol
08-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Both are unique. I do prefer the B of P mostly because of the colour. Perhaps some green would help to make you happier with it?

valchina612
08-15-2007, 09:37 PM
Hi Charissa,

From one Stippler to another, these are both really nice, and I love the shape and lighting you have gotten with your Rose. The B of P is also lovely, and I think if you added some green to the leaves, it would make this one really come to life. I know how much fun and pleasure you'd have gotten from penning these. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

Charlie's Mum
08-16-2007, 04:39 PM
They're both beautiful pieces Charissa - I'd be adding yellow to lift the B of P ( if it were mine!) . Fortunately, we all see things differently and there's not a thing wrong with your interpretation!

This forum is so good for seeing other styles and ideas.

Laura D
08-16-2007, 06:40 PM
Sassy! You certainly are patient, and thinkly on a totally different level than I am! Amazing. I would like to see more highlights on the BOP - it is a very shiny plant... hard "edges", high contrast.

sassybird
08-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Sue, I find stippling relaxing. It is like all my angst is concentrated to go right out of my hand and onto the paper.

Carol, I think you are right about the green.

Val, not everyone is into b&w the way we are, so I try to throw some color in ever so often:D

Maureen, I thought about yellow but was uncertain where to put it.

Laura, I will work on those sharp edges.

Thank you all for your comments. They have given me a lot to think about.