PDA

View Full Version : Whimsical line drawings of Animals for Children's books

muttsup2
08-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Hi,

I've developed a concept for a series of fun and innovative children's books based on a dog as the main character.

The concept for the artwork is a collage type approach, which is quite unique and whimsical.

I'm looking for someone who can collaborate on the book by creating primitive/whimsical line drawings of dogs in various action poses as well as objects to create the scenes for the book.

The chosen artist will be credited in the books and will also receive a portion of royalties from book sales as well as related licensed products.

If you are interested, please email me with a link to your website portfolio.

Thanks,
Karen D.

anatolievna
08-23-2007, 04:46 AM
Dear Karen,

Just for the last couple of day I started to think of doing some illustrations along with my major projects on painting.

Unfortunately I cannot send you the examples of my illustrations through the website - as it dedicated to rather serious paintings and drawings and animal features of anything of the kind would not be appropriate.

During my study years at the Royal Art Academy in den Hague I was praised by my teachers for unique whimsical line that is practically impossible to copy.

Recently I collaborated with another artist on the project called "artjungle" - actually it's his show that is to open on the 15th of september in the gallery "Kunstverdieping" in Alphen a/d Rijn, Holland. He asked me to provide the drawings for his project to further change and colour it on the computer and finally to let the drawings get printed on huge canvases ( 2.60 x1.60) at the Textile museum in Tilburg, Holland. They are meant to be hung on the walls together with the 3 dimensional scultures , filling the whole space.
If you like, I can send you examples of my drawings by e-mail and the foto's from the gallery ( in a month time as they have to be printed yet by the end of the month and then hang in the gallery).

Could you tell me some more about de draft of the book?

Greetings,

Anatolievna

beautifulbay
09-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Are you still looking for an artist?