PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Aug. 13 - Aug. 19

Pat Isaac
08-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Good morning everyone,

Well, I have this new computer mostly set up, enough so it is workable. Still have more files to transfer. I am hoping to get the last of my moving done today and then I can start setting up.
I also hope to hear more about my daughter's situation today and when the surgery might be scheduled.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
08-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Pat, glad to hear that your new computer is working. Lots is happening for you at the moment - hope you're managing OK with everything. Hope the news about your daughter is encouraging. Jane

AnnieA
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Pat: You really do have a lot on your plate. I'm glad the worst part of the move is nearly over. Your daughter will be in my prayers and I too hope for encouraging news.

Pat Isaac
08-13-2007, 03:19 PM
Well, I am all moved into the new space and I turned in my key to the old space. Now it is a question of getting organized.
I am still working on my new computer and hope to get everything transferred today.
My husband has to do a funeral this week as a long time former member of the church died. I will be doing the bulletins for that so have to get this computer up to par.
We are going to my sister's in NY over the coming weekend, a much needed break.
Have a great day and thanks, Annie and Jane for your thoughts.

Pat

AngelaF
08-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Pat, I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope you got some encouraging new about her situation on Monday.
I hope you are finding the time to get a little settled in your studio. You sure have had alot on your plate, I am glad you are going to get a little R&R this weekend.

I am still busy with working on the house. Busy painting "log cabin" walls. Don't want to bore everyone with house woes too much -- but the flooring people have not come -- the cashed my check for the flooring on 7/20, were supposed to be here the next week. Now no one has been at there store for the last two weeks. The guy did say something about a job in Kentucky, but geesh, don't you think he could call me to say my job is delayed -- very frustrating not knowing when they will be back. I have left numerous phone messages with no response, about ready to call the chamber of commerace/better business bureau -- but will probably hold off a little while longer. I really didn't think they would be this way -- established store that I have driven by often for several years.
I am glad to say that my mom is doing better and better every day right now. Went to neurologist last week and took her off another med -- seemed have helped alot. Going there Fri. and Sat.

I feel so removed from art right now, unless you call my house a work of art -- just have to believe all will be well when I return to it -- I am proud of getting things done here -- but still feel some grieve over not doing art right now -- all good things will come in due time?

Angela

Pat Isaac
08-16-2007, 09:05 AM
Yes, all in good time, Angela. I am saying the same thing. Haven't done any art since June! I am glad to hear that your Mom is doing better, but sorry about your flooring woes. Strange.
My daughter was referred to a surgeon who will be getting touch with her this week. No news yet.
Next week I hope to start getting the new studio organized. The art Center where I am a gallery artist has asked if I want to exhibit at their sattelite location next May/June. I would need between 10 and 20 pieces.....:eek: I still haven't answered them yet. Trying to decide if I can get that together.
Have a great weekend everyone.

Pat

LJW
08-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Angela, I'm glad to hear your Mom is doing better. Renovations are always troublesome it seems, but usually worth it in the end. Hope the flooring guys call soon. I haven't painted in two weeks and I'm getting grumpy, so I can't image going without painting for so long. How is your dog picture coming along? It's such a lovely scene, I hope it's working out OK.

Pat, have a good time on your weekend away - you deserve some time off. I hope you can see your way clear to having the show at the Art Center - would they all have to be new paintings? I continue to think of your daughter and hope all will be well. Jane

AngelaF
08-16-2007, 12:46 PM
Thanks Pat and Jane.

Pat, I hope you decide to do the Art Center sattelite exhibit -- at least ten would seem like a good goal to get you back in the swing of things with steady work.

I will be thinking of you and your daughter and hoping for the best.

I did do the muzzle corrections on the dog, Jane, I was thinking of one more correction, but haven't done it yet. Thanks of thinking it -- I may try to repost it over the weekend when I have other obligations and don't work as franically on the house usually.

I am grumpy, but I don't know if it is from a lack of painting or not!

Have a good weekend everyone. Angela