PDA

View Full Version : Greenie's Weekly Aug 12 - 18

Lady Carol
08-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Welcome yet again for those who are just starting to find us. Word apparently is slowly getting around and we are getting more traffic in the forum and more diversity of posts. Come on in and introduce yourself or sit down, there is coffee and cookies in the corner and have a gossip with some of your mates.

Charlie's Mum
08-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I brought a bunch of flowers to brighten the place up! :lol:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Aug-2007/30494-Flower_vase.jpg

Lady Carol
08-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Nice Maureen. :D

SunsetSue
08-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Hi Everyone :wave: This is better, a place for my florals. I like it and will be happy to post here. :clap: :clap: :clap: The flowers are a lovely touch Maureen. I can't talk any more, my mouth is full of cookies and need to have some coffee to wash it all down.

gaykir
08-13-2007, 07:20 AM
Great flowers Maureen - from your garden right :wink2: ?!

Artsyme
08-13-2007, 09:41 AM
:wave: Hello everyone!
My name is Janet and I'm a floralholic.
It's nice to know I'm not alone anymore. I love to plant, photograph, and paint all sorts of flowers. It is a vice that is probably genetic, since my grandmother taught me about gardening at an early age. She always had something growing-indoors and out.
Can I sign up here for group therapy?:lol:
I've really enjoyed seeing the beautiful work posted here so far and look forward to sharing my work too.

Charlie's Mum
08-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Welcome Janet - group therapy yes, tho' I'm not sure it will cure any of us!
I think we'll still be floral-compulsives and garden fanatics! :lol:

jaytee
08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi as you can see I'm a long time WCer...... posting mostly in watercolour forum.....

have crossposted some photos and introduced myself to this forum HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5941385&posted=1#post5941385)

Id love some feedback as to the sort of photos you think are most appropriate here....

I'll leave the garden, wildlife and artefact pics over in watercolour forum......and if you are happy for me to do so.. post my floral/botanical/leaves?? over here :)

Looking forward to sharing more... lots more !!;)

mistiaggie
08-13-2007, 03:04 PM
It has been awhile since I visited Wetcanvas and I am excited to see a section for this! I love painting florals and that is my primary focus at the moment.

Lady Carol
08-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Hi Jaytee, we accpt photographs of plants/flowers/organic stuff of all sorts. It doesn't have to be high end photography but if you like a piece then post it. Actually you are allowed to post several in one thread.

Hello mistiaggie, welcome to florals. We have coffee & cookies in the corner if you are hungry or thirsty. But if not settle and check out our new digs :D We are still in the throws of decorating and we have plants everywhere. I hope that you will feel this as home for your art.

C_Line
08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Welcome to our newbies to the forum this week! Janet - sounds like you and I have something in common - grandmothers who "implanted" a love of flowers and growing things! One taught me the botanical side, the other taught me the artistic side - even making flowers from wood fibre years ago and arranging them. Ever since, I've been stuck on them too...it's so nice to find so many folks passionate about making floral/botanical art of every kind.

madmum
08-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Hi JT! :wave: Glad you found your way here :D

Sorry I'm not too active right now, we're having a bit of a stressfull time right now with everything happening at once (we lost our BIL on Saturday, DD and DS exam results due Thursday, and trying to get DD organised for Uni, depending on the exam results of course! It's hard to picture the house without Amy after 19 years!)

I did pick up a paintbrush today so IF it turns out OK I can share a new floral soon :D

Ruth

Laura D
08-14-2007, 03:14 AM
:wave: :wave: Hi everybody! I'm Laura and I spend most of my time over in the Watercolor forum/subforums. I am so happy to learn of our new Floral/Botanicals forum. :clap: :clap: I spent some time going through all the posts and am looking forward to participating here. So many lovely paintings, wonderful photos and great conversations. :thumbsup:

I did have one question about the photos. We assume they are copyrighted and when they are okay to use folks will say they are snaggable? Or do we ask each time? Wait, that's two questions! :p

BBL. Good night. :wave:

debsn2paintn
08-14-2007, 12:30 PM
I did have one question about the photos. We assume they are copyrighted and when they are okay to use folks will say they are snaggable? Or do we ask each time? Wait, that's two questions! :p
:

LOL I would like to be asked. I try to upload photos to the Ref. Image Lib. from time to time. And the link to my photos is in my signature line RIL so it's easy to find.

I have so many photos and it take so long to add them to the RIL, and I never really know what people will want. So if you see something you want in a thread, just ask me in that thread, and I will add it to the RIL for you. :)

I'm pretty sure that most the photographers like to be asked. In fact I always feel very honored when someone wants to use one of my references. :)

Charlie's Mum
08-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Unless it's stipulated, as in Jaytee's thread of Snaggables', I think it's only right to ask.
I hope most of us inform those who have submitted to the RIL too, though I know this is not always done and can be easily overlooked... those in the RIL are there to be used, so permission has already been granted, of course! :D

Welcome to this forum too Laura - it's nice to meet those we normally don't have time to visit elsewhere! :lol:

BTW - welcome Jaytee! Long-time-no-see! We'll get the forum properly organised soon - just takes time to sort through all the suggestions and ideas :D
Welcome mistiaggie too :wave:

Ruth - I can understand the stress - sorry about your BIL .... never a good time to lose a family member.
Hope the results are good for the kids :D Nail-biting time! :eek:

Laura D
08-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Thanks for clarifying - ask it is!

Just a heads up for you all. I have two injured arms which are taking forever to heal. My typing is limited but sometimes I just have to answer a post. When I"m in pain I tend to just type the words absolutely necessary to comment. I'm aware it can come across as a rude post but that's not my intention. I try to remember to insert "(Sore arms)" but don't always. Please bear with me. TIA

Charlie's Mum
08-14-2007, 04:19 PM
I think your sig provides enough info Laura! Add sore or injured arms if you feel happier about it - or I can add it for you! :lol:

Hope they're better soon - for your sake!

debsn2paintn
08-14-2007, 04:38 PM
Laura D- I'm so sorry you are in pain, I hope you get better real soon! :) I have no problem with short replies :)

Laura D
08-14-2007, 04:52 PM
Maureen, I just like to give people a warning when I'm not being diplomatic. Thanks for the offer though.

Thanks Deb, you are kind.

mistiaggie
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Wow, Charlie's Mum, I love the Dahlia in a Whirl! Beautiful!

Mikki Petersen
08-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi everyone! I introduced myself earlier last week. I too love this forum. I'm actually allergic to most flowers, especially roses, which I dearly love, so I cherish a place where I can look without wheezing. I mostly paint the landscape, but am occasionally moved to paint flowers/plants when I need to focus or break out in bright colors. When I do, I prefer to paint them in a natural setting so I've long wished for a place to post them...they are not quite florals suited for a Still Life discussion but they are not actually landscapes either, ya know.

My life for the past week has been bound up in the peach harvest but I plan on doing a painting to post here soon.

Laura, I'm so sorry for your pain and appreciate that you still do post, even if only short comments. Hope the pain passes soon.

Happy painting!
Mikki

Charlie's Mum
08-15-2007, 05:07 PM
Misti - how nice of you to find that painting - I was actually thinking of posting it because it's a bit different!
Thank you for the comment and for looking it up:D

mistiaggie
08-16-2007, 12:58 PM
Misti - how nice of you to find that painting - I was actually thinking of posting it because it's a bit different!
Thank you for the comment and for looking it up:D

You're welcome! :) It really stuck out to me and I thought I'd check it out!

kmb_art
08-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I am so happy to find this forum.:clap: How long has this been here? I just noticed it today.

C_Line
08-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Hi Kathleen and welcome! We've only been here a very short time - about two weeks.

Charlie's Mum
08-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Welcome Kathleen - glad you can join us :D

Laura - when you're able, it'll be worth having those pics in a separate thread so we can store them with others at some point. :D

Laura D
08-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Maureen, would you just move the post to it's own thread?

painterbear
08-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi all,
I've already posted in a few threads here. I love flowers and even paint them occasionally. :D

I mostly am to be found in the Watercolor Forum, but when I paint a floral again, I'll be sure to post it here where all you flower and growing things hang out.

Glad this new Forum is getting off the ground in a big way! :thumbsup:

Sylvia

Laura D
08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi Sylvia!

Charlie's Mum
08-17-2007, 05:23 AM
Laura - new thread for your pics - Roses for You - if you don't like the title, I can change that! :D

Laura D
08-17-2007, 06:08 AM
Thank you dahlingk! It's perfect.

Andi Rebirth
08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Hello, I am new to wet WC Been sufing around and found this forum, I do almost all florals, just getting back into it, would love to join. Beem hooked on flowers since I started drawing in crayons! i work in oil pastels. looking forward to seeing other peoples work.

Laura D
08-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Hi Andrea! Welcome to Wet Canvas. Come on in, if you have any question sjust holler! I look forward to seeing your work too.

Charlie's Mum
08-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Hi Andrea - welcome to our forum - yours too now:D

Do post some of your work - just click on new thread, top of the main forum page and follow the instructions ... you'll soo learn:D

C_Line
08-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Welcome Andrea!

Andi Rebirth
08-18-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! It's great to see so many lovely floral artists in one place. When I was in my teens, my dad would say, "Another floral? Really!" Now he appreciates the years of study it takes to execute a flower. Glad to be here.

mack46
08-18-2007, 08:56 PM
:wave: Hey

Glad to see this forum up and running. :thumbsup: I paint in watercolor and oil so will be able to post all floral paintings in here.

Right now learning how to photograph my art so hope to post something soon.

Everyone have a good one. :clap:

mack46 (Nora)

Laura D
08-19-2007, 04:47 AM
Hi Nora, can't wait to see your stuff!

Charlie's Mum
08-19-2007, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum Nora - nice to have you here and we look forward to sharing your work and thoughts :D