PDA

View Full Version : "Peeb's Garden"

JEMARTIST
08-11-2007, 09:16 PM
This 31" 22" Oil on Linen was a commission. I took the photos in the garden and combined four to achieve the design. I found it difficult to keep the Iris fresh and not overworked. The client was very happy - which in turn - made me very happy.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Aug-2007/107129-peebs_garden.jpg

Lady Carol
08-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Shame we can't vote for both.

I have moved this to the flower and botanical forum as it is best suited there than in still life.

JEMARTIST
08-11-2007, 09:40 PM
I did not see the catagory Florals/Botanicals in the channel listing. Thanks for moving it, hope others find it.

yahooserious
08-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Beautiful. I love your colors and style...

Emilie

debsn2paintn
08-11-2007, 11:21 PM
I see paintings like this I want to try oils. Very beautiful, and the rocks look really good.

Lady Carol
08-12-2007, 08:17 AM
I did not see the catagory Florals/Botanicals in the channel listing. Thanks for moving it, hope others find it.
The channel listing isn't working yet for it and admin will have that fixed very soon. I left a redirect from the Still Life forum (as you know) so people will find it.

Artsyme
08-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Beautiful job on the irises and nice texture on the rocks!

Charlie's Mum
08-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Nice work!
I'm not quite sure how you'd like us to vote - or why really!:)

The colours are rich and very warm - sunny evening colours.

I find the upward thrust to the right in the composition just a little too much - I'd have liked to see a wee bit of counter-action emphasiseda little more - not too much, but there's really only one stem performing that duty!

BUt then, it's your painting and if you and the client are both happy, nothing else matters! :D

JEMARTIST
08-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Maureen, your comments were better than a vote. I am not too familiar with all that goes on in these forums. I think your observation is a good one. I find it more difficult to that a commission than just do my thing. It gets me a little tied up. I drew this design before putting it on the canvas........then I change the canvas size to accommodiate the "tallness" of the flowers and my client wanted the rocks. Thank you for your comments. Jane

Mikki Petersen
08-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Beautiful irises and they do not look overworked to me. Nice soft lighting too!

Mikki

Charlie's Mum
08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Jane, so glad my comments didn't cause offense!

It's difficult when posters are new to a forum (and this is a new forum too, so there are many to 'get to know' ) to know just how and where to pitch one's observations!

We're trying to make this forum a happy and comfortable place to be, so if you'd like criticism just ask for C&C and people will be happy to comment (without being nasty or hyper-critical one hopes!).

Once we know you well, we'll be happy to say our piece and know you will accept it in the way it's intended! :D

SunsetSue
08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
This is quite lovely Jane, Irises are one of my favorites. I really like your rocks. This piece has an overall warmth and I like it.

ranunkel
08-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Lovely painting. :clap:

I find it more difficult to that a commission than just do my thing. It gets me a little tied up.

I feel the same way when I work on commission.