PDA

View Full Version : won't let me list starting price...

arlene
05-21-2002, 07:52 PM
everytime I go to put my starting price in i get this message...

Your item's price is over your eBay Payments Electronic Check limit.

Um what's going on, since the last one I tried was for $45.00 and i've listed at least 6 items already at that price...

this is on the listing i had to end early to get back my gallery feature fee...i wanted to relist it immediately and have encountered this all day...

i'm using the new form which won't let me go to the remove ebay payments from my listing until i get past this page...if i try to use the old form it just erases all the information, meaning i'll have to copy paste everything again! sheesh!

from what i've found there are more bugs in the system than is comfortable.

cagathoc
05-21-2002, 08:43 PM
There's a $45 limit that you can owe to eBay in fees if you don't have a credit card on file.

Get a credit card on file and you can post.

[if I understand your problem correctly...)

arlene
05-21-2002, 09:14 PM
i do have a credit card on file.

kjsspot
05-21-2002, 10:50 PM
Arlene, do you have a reserve on this item? Or a high BIN? I've found that if the BIN or Reserve is above the amount allowed by electronic check, it won't accept that either. (and I haven't checked into what the limit is yet)

And yes, I understand the frustration about getting to the payments page to remove the electronic check option. What I did to get there was remove my high prices, continue, THEN remove the E Check option and then go back and fix the prices to where I wanted them.

Hope that helps!

arlene
05-22-2002, 02:09 AM
i finally got it to work by using the old forms...but now i don't have that nice new seach engine stuff on it...but...

they are refunding my money for the other auction, and i think from now on i leave of the ebay checks...not worth it IMHO...sheesh they make it harder for you, not easier.

sent letters to all my past collectors...hopefully that will generate some sales...

and yes i had high BIN's and reserves on them...thanks KJ you've been a great help!!!

centyr
05-22-2002, 09:51 AM
if you want to get the new search engine stuff just go back and revise your item. at the very end you will get the item specific catagories.

cory

arlene
05-22-2002, 10:12 AM
thank you cory, i'll do that now!

kjsspot
05-22-2002, 10:16 AM
You're welcome Arlene! Glad you got it worked out! And YEAH about the credit!!! =D