PDA

View Full Version : Back from Africa....my latest panda design

electra-cute
08-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Hello everyone. I know it's been forever since I've posted. Since February I have been running non stop from Iowa to MN. visiting friends and family then to our Chow National dog show in Colorado, then company visiting us in Portland, then finally our incredible month in Africa!!!

We got back a little over a week ago and I came home with a hellish:evil: virus and pneumonia. I'm SO ready to start on my glass again as soon as I literally "catch my breath"

Here's a few pix from the trip so far
LINK TO OUR AFRICA TRIP (http://www.flickr.com/photos/graffitijewelry/sets/72157600605383858/show/)

Just before we left for our Africa Journey I finished up a panda design that is the most awesome one I've done so far. I couldn't show a single soul because it was being given as a tribute to one of the panda representatives at the Smithsonian Zoo in Washington.

So now I can show it off!!! Here is Tai Shan in all his glory!!!

I promise to not be such a stranger from here on in and hope you all are having a glorious summer!!!! Hugs, Sandra

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2007/50270-bamboodreams_copy.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2007/50270-bamboodreamscl.jpg

Samma
08-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Sandra - I've missed seeing your work. Sounds like you've had a full summer! I agree, this is my most favorite panda yet. Simply glorious!

sundaisy
08-10-2007, 11:34 AM
WOW!!! I am wordless. That is so awesome. And welcome home too. Sorry you are ill. Hope good health comes very soon. The panda is so wonderful!!!

BeadTowne
08-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Sandra, Welcome back! Hope you start feeling better soon so you can get to work.

A few pictures...they are incredible! You are quite the photographer and I have a sense of what an awesome journey you were on.

What an honor for your panda pendant. Congrats!

*Naos*
08-10-2007, 12:02 PM
OMG! That's INCREDIBLE! Welcome back! I missed seeing your beautiful art! :D

Capt Elaine
08-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Thanks for sharing that fabuous pendant with us... what a well deserved honor for your work on it. :clap:

:grouphug: I'll add my voice to the get well soon wishes, and the welcome back we missed you ones too...

electra-cute
08-10-2007, 12:46 PM
Thank you everyone beary beary much!!!...for the well wishes and the sweet comments on the pendant!!!

The virus hopefully is under control. I'm just glad it waited until we were done with our awesome photo safaris before it hit. Most of our trip to Johannesburg I was coming down with it. I had hoped to visit a few WC members while there but that never came to be. We loved Africa so much and plan to go back again in a couple of years.

I brought home lots of fun beads including some sand cast glass which I'll post on my Africa page eventually.

I sure missed you all and look forward to seeing all your stunning work every morning!!!

Ellen Altamore
08-10-2007, 04:50 PM
Ah, I feel so much better now - everything is back in its rightful place. :wink2: Feel better and start making more beauties.

Ellen Altamore
08-10-2007, 04:57 PM
Your photos blew me away!

debiweiss
08-10-2007, 08:09 PM
What a beautiful piece thankyou for sharing it!
Debi

lizajayne
08-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Wow Sandra, sounds like you had some great travels, minus the virus! I am sure you came back with thousands of inspiration photos that we will be getting glimpses of with each new glass work! Welcome back, hope you feel better. The new pendant is adorable.

Crazy Woman
08-11-2007, 12:02 AM
Welcome back! Totally missed seeing your wonderful work.

Where in Colorado..... Denver???? Can we hook up?

gingery
08-11-2007, 08:58 AM
I hope you're feeling much better, Sandra!:D I've certainly missed you & all your great work. This panda is marvelous!:clap: :clap: :clap: I really enjoyed looking at your fantastic photos of your trip!:thumbsup: It was funny because I was looking at wildlife & all of a sudden, there was Vincent Van Gogh!!!:lol: Then I figure out that you also stopped in Paris. Thanks for sharing & welcome back!;)
ginger:wave:

debezog
08-16-2007, 12:06 AM
Was just looking at your photographs. You are an incredible photographer and I am trying not to be eaten up by jealousy. That looks like an awesome trip. Welcome home and thanks for posting the link. I really enjoyed going through the photos.

MaryBethC
08-16-2007, 12:20 AM
That is an awesome pendant:D

sadiesjewels
08-16-2007, 03:01 AM
Wow .. absolutely gorgeous pictures!!! I have to visit Africa now!

Beautiful pendant too - hope to see some African inspired work too!

bead
08-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Those pictures are amazing. I can't wait to see you make an Africa series of pendants. Those pictures give lots of inspiration. Glad you are feeling better. And as always all your pendants are awesome works of art!:thumbsup:

Lisa

richsantaclaus
08-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Wonderful talent you have to match glass with the real thing!!!!!

Helen Simon
08-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I always love all your work, & welcome back. I missed you. Love, Helen

Crazy Woman
08-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Thank you for that wonderful mini vacation in Africa! That is definitely on my to do list! Thanks for sharing and hope you are on the mend.

cgant
08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
That is gorgeous!!! I love it

electra-cute
08-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Thank you all so much!!!! I'm finally feeling human again ....wow that virus/pneumonia threw me for a loop! I'm just glad it waited until the last couple of days of vacation to hit!! I would have been mortified if it had messed up the photo safaris.

Of all the places we have traveled, the safaris in Botswana have been the highlight of my journeys. I have over 30 albums of pix to process and publish!!

I keep looking at some of the arial photos and thinking they remind me of so many of WC member's beads....very organic with visions of Raku savannahs and elegant stringer papyrus deltas!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2007/50270-800547318_df35f61e03_b.jpg

I'll show you all those pix as soon as I get them ready!!!

It's so good to be back and hanging out with you all again. I have missed all the gorgeous work here so much!

Hugs and have a super weekend
Sandra

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2007/50270-918313349_d1a9cb1fc9.jpg

belovedlampworkbeads
08-28-2007, 08:43 PM
WOW - Virginia