PDA

View Full Version : Forest Floor theme

bluewindfisher
08-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Here are some recent paintings done on the theme of the "Forest Floor" in a series I called "My Back Yard".
Because I have previously posted these in the landscapes forum I will post them together here. It's really great to have a forum where they are "at home". :)
These are 30 x 40cms, oil on canvas.

1. Just Add Water
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2007/70598-2007011justaddwater.jpg

2. New Hope
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2007/70598-2007013newhope.jpg

3. End Game
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2007/70598-2007016endgame.jpg

4. Swan Song
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2007/70598-2007015swansong.jpg

5. Fabric
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2007/70598-2007014fabric.jpg

6. Autumnal Tumble
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2007/70598-2007010autumnaltumble.jpg

Any comments or feedback are most welcome. :)
Regards
Graham

debsn2paintn
08-10-2007, 12:44 AM
#1, 5, and 6 are my favorites, but these all all really great paintings, I love the neutral colors with the red. I really like all the titles to the paintings, very creative. :)

valchina612
08-10-2007, 02:47 AM
Graham, your artistic talent always blows me away -- you know how much I love your Portraits. These paintings are awesome, with wonderful colours in every one of them. The first one is my favourite, but I love the composition and colours of all of them. Your Titles are perfect too. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

Lady Carol
08-10-2007, 07:25 AM
I am home sick now Graham (thanks ;) )

I can smell the leaves and forest floor from here. Wonderfully rendered, all of them, and I forgot how wonderful the colours of the dead leaves can be.

bayoudragon
08-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Oh, these are gorgeous! I'm motivated to walk barefoot and feel the Earth beneath my feet. Lovely work! :)

Charlie's Mum
08-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Can't pick a favourite Graham - I'm gobsmacked!

You definitely deserve this ..... :D ... http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2007/30494-jawdrop.gif

(That's a jawdropper BTW - not a tongue out!! :lol:)

*Marina*
08-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Just gorgeous.

damar
08-11-2007, 12:26 AM
All of these are excellent, but #5 REALLY catches my senses.
Very enjoyable paintings.
:)

gnu
08-11-2007, 12:36 AM
exquisite! love them all, tey each have their own character....beautiful

tstimpson
08-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Beautiful work Graham, I would be hard pressed to choose a favourite from them, they are all so well done - I just love the amount of detail.

Terry

C_Line
08-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Wonderful all of them. thanks for sharing.

idcrisis55
08-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I enjoyed all these and especially your use of neutrals then that swish of color. Lovely.

Artsyme
08-12-2007, 10:41 AM
You captured the bitterseet beauty of autumn. Stunning!

marionh
08-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Wonderful paintings. I like the backgrounds which really offset the objects of the paintings.

Marion

mistiaggie
08-13-2007, 03:36 PM
Autumn tumble is nice! I like how you are taking something most people over look and bringing a newness to it!

bluewindfisher
08-14-2007, 04:50 PM
#1, 5, and 6 are my favorites, but these all all really great

paintings, I love the neutral colors with the red. I really like all the titles to the

paintings, very creative.
Deb

Thanks very much Deb. Grays are so important aren't they?

Graham, your artistic talent always blows me away -- you

know how much I love your Portraits. These paintings are awesome, with

wonderful colours in every one of them. The first one is my favourite, but I love

the composition and colours of all of them. Your Titles are perfect too.
Val.

Number one is one of my favourites too Val. I am thinking of doing a much larger version of that one.

I am home sick now Graham (thanks )
I can smell the leaves and forest floor from here. Wonderfully rendered, all of

them, and I forgot how wonderful the colours of the dead leaves can be.
Carol

Thanks Carol. I notice that you were involved in writing dramas here in Australia. Would I recognise any of them?

Oh, these are gorgeous! I'm motivated to walk barefoot and

feel the Earth beneath my feet. Lovely work!

Walking through the forest here really is a delight. The leaf and bark litter is quite thick, which I guess is a bit of a worry for summer.

Can't pick a favourite Graham - I'm gobsmacked!
You definitely deserve this ..... ...
(That's a jawdropper BTW - not a tongue out!! )

Well Maureen, this is the first time I have seen the gobsmacker! LOL. I'm glad you mentioned what it was though. I thought for a minute it was a fly catcher. :)
Thanks for your comments.

Just gorgeous.
Marina

Glad you like them Marina.

All of these are excellent, but #5 REALLY catches my senses.
Very enjoyable paintings.
Best Regards,
damar

Although numbered five here, this one was actually the first one I did in this series. The red on the tree is actually a powder which comes off on your fingers. It is what gives the bark its colour.

exquisite! love them all, tey each have their own character....beautiful

Thanks Gnu. I have tried to avoid doing the same thing over and over and have tried to find something new to say with each one. I appreciate your comments.

Beautiful work Graham, I would be hard pressed to choose a

favourite from them, they are all so well done - I just love the amount of detail.
Terry

Thanks Terry. These have been a bit of a departure for me. I am taking a lot more time over these ones. Previously I concentrated more on being expressive. I hope these are still expressive, but when you get close up, the power is in the detail I think.

Wonderful all of them. thanks for sharing.
Celeste

And thank you for looking and responding Celeste. :)

I enjoyed all these and especially your use of neutrals then that

swish of color. Lovely.
Ann

The neutrals are the key aren't they Ann? I have been really concentrating on them lately. So much so that I made up a colour swatch for every tube of paint in my paintbox, showing its range of values and intensity. Although time consuming, it has been very useful because I can now accurately locate almost any colour I want to produce.

Wonderful paintings. I like the backgrounds which really offset

the objects of the paintings.
Marion

Thanks very much Marion.

Autumn tumble is nice! I like how you are taking something

most people over look and bringing a newness to it!

Its really good to know that they have that effect Mistie. Most times we are so caught up in our daily routines that we can overlook what is under our feet. Maybe I'll do a rose next. LOL.

Thanks again to all of you for your comments and your encouragement. They really mean a lot to me. :)

Regards
Graham

Mikki Petersen
08-15-2007, 01:31 PM
What an incredible collection of work! I, too, am glad you've been given a forum to showcase these. I'm your newest fan!

Mikki