PDA

View Full Version : what are vignettes?

pallavi
08-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Hi everybody,
I am writing after a really long time.I was busy sifting and also coping up with the new place, but hopefully I am back and I will try to be activ.
Yesterday I was reading a book on pastel painting and there were few photos of pastel vignettes.I loved them, they were very beautiful. I was hoping if somebody on this forum can tell me about vignette.
what are the underlying principle of making a vignette?
how is it different from a pastel painting?
how do you select the colored support for a vignette because a lot of paper is visible?

I will be waiting for you replies
pal

prettytulips
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
If you google 'what is a vignette' you will find info. It's french for vine, for a border around a picture....but there is more in you google the term.

Hi everybody,
I am writing after a really long time.I was busy sifting and also coping up with the new place, but hopefully I am back and I will try to be activ.
Yesterday I was reading a book on pastel painting and there were few photos of pastel vignettes.I loved them, they were very beautiful. I was hoping if somebody on this forum can tell me about vignette.
what are the underlying principle of making a vignette?
how is it different from a pastel painting?
how do you select the colored support for a vignette because a lot of paper is visible?

I will be waiting for you replies
pal

chewie
08-10-2007, 04:00 PM
basicly, its a more sketchier piece, nothing with a finished background and usually has the underdrawing lines showing, things like that. i love them!