PDA

View Full Version : Finally..Aida and I spent the night at "The Evergreens"

MichaelRH
03-05-2001, 11:46 AM
Hi everyone:

Well, two nights ago, my wife Aida and I spent the night up at the new resort my nephew and his wife built up near Fall River entrance to the Rocky Mounntain National Park. (It was soooooo much fun)...I'm planning on going up MUCH more often...we live about an hour away).
I took pictures of the cabins (inside and out), and we had a beautiful snow-fall the night we were there. Craig (my nephew) has updated the "Evergreens" website with more photos of the cabins...jacuzzi..hot-tub..and some good shots of the interriors.
Here is the link: http://www.estes-park.com/evergreens/photos.html
I was hoping to put together a "get-a-way" for May, but have not gotten very many responses. It is far more difficult to organize and plan for a group of Wetcanvas members than I thought...so many conflicting schedules. For those of you who still might be interested..there is a post under this thread with the proposed dates..I'll have to look again..please contact "The Evergreens" regarding deposits and dates. Craig had mentioned a 10% discount for a "group"..but at this point I have told Craig NOT...to hold space, as there have been no confirmations.
Gisela, if you read this..Craig did say you had contacted him...but I don't believe anything was confirmed (?).
I will post a couple of the photos I took here as soon as I get them up-loaded from the camera to the computer.
Aida and I had a wonderful night there..I stayed up late sketching and just watching the fire in the fireplace...and the snow falling outside.
Just a reminder to contact "The Evergreens" directly if you are interested in (two day minimum) staying there in MAY. If we start to see confirmations for particular days..we can all try to tie-in ASAP!!! with the first confirmed days.
I will try to remember to check this thread (and will post the pics ASAP)..but you can reach me at Sketch47@hotmail.com
If you do..confirm reservations..please let me know also ASAP. Thanks...Mike and Aida.

Deb
03-05-2001, 01:44 PM
Hi Michael,
I want to come. I haven't seen snow in years but I just can't make it this time. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/frown.gif It really sounds like it would be a wonderful getaway. I hope you get a nice group going. Be sure to post your pics.

paintfool
03-05-2001, 07:38 PM
Wish i could make it Michael. If you do one at this time next year be sure to post early and i would love to be there!
Cheryl

------------------
paintfool

MichaelRH
03-06-2001, 04:17 AM
Hi Deb and Cheryl -
Thanks for your notes. Deb/Cheryl, I'm sure "The Evergreens" will be available for a long time to come, so all we will have to do is contact one another if we want to plan small group meetings.
The cabins are not your "rustic" cabins, but we felt the $95.00 was money well spent for the night. Aida's work will be taking her up to Estes Park once a month, so we are planning at least one night at Evergreens each month. For me, the solitude, atmosphere..and quiet was good for the soul.---(and creativity!).
I hope that I'll be able to meet other Wetcanvas members in person...should any of you find time to visit Estes Park, Colorado..or the Rocky Mountain National Park.
The summer months will be booked early. (Peak season), but since Evergreens is open all year..(and all of the seasons have something different to offer in the Rockies)...even two or three nighters will be fun any time.