PDA

View Full Version : Rough n Tumble

bluewindfisher
08-06-2007, 11:49 PM
These guys are not moving and although not arranged on a table they are sitting on the forest floor. I hope it is OK to post them here.
This is of morning light coming through bark and leaves and is the latest in a series I am doing of forest litter.
It is painted using oils on 69 x 88cms board.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2007/70598-2007023roughntumble.jpg

I would really appreciate any comments or feedback you may have.
Regards
Graham

valchina612
08-07-2007, 04:34 AM
Hi Graham,

It's great to see you here in Still Life. It doesn't matter what you paint, your colours are always wonderful, and this painting is no exception. And I love the crispness you have gotten, which is very true to life. I hope we see more of the paintings in your series. :clap: :thumbsup:

Val. :wave:

vhere
08-07-2007, 07:58 PM
beautiful colour and light :) and a nice unconventional subject

Lady Carol
08-07-2007, 08:55 PM
I moved this to Florals/Botanicals as we now have a forum dedicated to this type of work and it is more suited here than Still Life.

It so reminds me of gum leaves in the bush. But seeing that you are an Aussie (as well) then I guess that is what it is :D

Charlie's Mum
08-08-2007, 05:24 AM
This is beautiful Graham - and much better here than in Still Life! :lol:

The light through the red leaf is magical.
the comp. is good and the focus on the central leaves, playing down the background to cooler colours is lovely.
So glad you're sharing it with us :D

ranunkel
08-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Just lovely. Great colors and the light is amazing:)

*Marina*
08-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Lovely light and 3D effect.

C_Line
08-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Wonderful work.

lilbelle
08-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Wow, it looks so real! Fantastic!!

gaykir
08-08-2007, 03:51 PM
The forest floor is an amazing microcosm. I love the way you've handled the dry curling of the bits, the dabbled light and all the textures. You turned something most folks wouldn't even bother with into something one needs to stop and focus on.

bluewindfisher
08-09-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi Graham,
It's great to see you here in Still Life. It doesn't matter what you paint, your colours are always wonderful, and this painting is no exception. And I love the crispness you have gotten, which is very true to life. I hope we see more of the paintings in your series.
Val.

Hi Val. Thanks as ever for your encouraging comments. :)
I will post some of the others in the series as soon as I can.

beautiful colour and light and a nice unconventional subject

Thanks for taking the time Vivian. :)

I moved this to Florals/Botanicals as we now have a forum dedicated to this type of work and it is more suited here than Still Life.
It so reminds me of gum leaves in the bush. But seeing that you are an Aussie (as well) then I guess that is what it is

Hi Carol,
Thanks very much for moving this. I wasn't aware of this forum. It's great isn't it?
And yep, sure is gum leaves and bark. I have the luxury of being able to walk through 1100 acres of it every morning and never get tired of the changing light and views.

This is beautiful Graham - and much better here than in Still Life!
The light through the red leaf is magical.
the comp. is good and the focus on the central leaves, playing down the background to cooler colours is lovely.
So glad you're sharing it with us

Thanks Maureen. Believe it or not the red light is actually from a piece of thick bark. At this time of year the forest floor looks like it is littered with rubies as you walk towards the morning sun.

Just lovely. Great colors and the light is amazing

Marianne, thanks for your comments. :)

Lovely light and 3D effect.

Thanks for taking the time to respond Marina. I really appreciate it. :)

Wonderful work.

I am so glad you like it Celeste.

Wow, it looks so real! Fantastic!!

Thanks indeed Lillian.

The forest floor is an amazing microcosm. I love the way you've handled the dry curling of the bits, the dabbled light and all the textures. You turned something most folks wouldn't even bother with into something one needs to stop and focus on.
Gayle

Yes.. an amazing microcosm indeed. :) And I get the same buzz from looking into the depths of a flower. This is really a great forum isn't it Gayle? I have had a bit of a look around and there is some fabulous work here.

Regards
Graham

robynsin
08-09-2007, 12:41 PM
Beautiful colour and amazing 3D - I can almost smell them!

bluewindfisher
08-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Beautiful colour and amazing 3D - I can almost smell them!
Hi Robyn
I see from your sig that you are an Aussie so I assume that the smell is of eucalyptus. :)
At this time of year the wet earth smells so luscious.
Thanks for dropping by.
Regards
Graham

debsn2paintn
08-10-2007, 01:45 AM
Beautiful, I really like all your leaves paintings.

bluewindfisher
08-14-2007, 04:59 PM
Beautiful, I really like all your leaves paintings.
I am really glad you like them Deb. Thanks so much for looking and for taking the time to respond. :)
Regards
Graham

Mikki Petersen
08-15-2007, 01:28 PM
You've done a wonderful job composing this one. I have often tried to work up a study like this but can never seem to pull it off. I think the lighting you've achieved is the key. Great job!

Mikki

SunsetSue
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
These look so crisp and light, i could hear them crunch if I stepped on them. Well done, Graham.