PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher Aug. 6 - Aug. 12

Pat Isaac
08-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone,

I am in a rush this morning...have to drop off some paintings for a show and then get to the studio to meet a friend who is going to help with the packing. Yesterday was gorgeous and I did a lot of catch up gardening. I'll check in later.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

LJW
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Hi, Pat. We had a beautiful day yesterday too, but we are getting much needed rain today. The grass and the flower beds will benefit. Glad to hear you are getting help with packing up your studio. Jane

Pat Isaac
08-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, the move is slow, but stuff is getting done. It is so depressing to see the studios being torn down when someone moves out. However, we are looking forward to starting again in a new place and the owners seem very happy about an open studio event. Sorry if I seem to go on a lot lately about this studio business, but it has consumed my life the past couple of months. Better days are ahead.
I did make some refrigerator pickles yesterday from the large amount of cukes we had picked. They are delicious and crunchy.

Pat

AnnieA
08-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Pat: No problem at all about discussing the studio issues! It's such a big change and I'm just happy it seems to be working out well for you. It sounds like the new owners will be good to work with - always a plus.

The Art Corner
08-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Hi I'm just stopping in to say a quick Hi since I was lurking for a few minutes and didn't want to be rude. I haven't been doing any painting lately too busy with other summer stuff. I am getting lots of photo refs though. Hope you all are well and having a great summer.

Pat Isaac
08-07-2007, 07:21 AM
Hi Shoshana, nice to hear from you and that all is well. Hope to see some of those photos in paintings soon.

Pat

AngelaF
08-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Good luck with the continuing move, Pat. The refrigerator pickles sound delicious.

I am still working on the house, mainly, along with chauferring my mom to various medical appointments. My mom seems better in many ways, but she still does not want to do much in the way of activities or socializing.

Wishing you all a great week. Angela

haridasa67
08-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Wow Pat, I wish I would be able to say that someday 'have to drop off some paintings for a show'. That line is such a meaningful line for all artists to be able to say.
Am on my second oil pastel painting, hopefully I'll do well, actually, I think I'll do well considering the support that we have here at Wetcanvas from our senior artists.
Anoop

Pat Isaac
08-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Of course you'll be able to say that, probably sooner than you think. One way to start is to become a member of various art groups as they often have members shows.
Looking forward to your next painting.
The move is going well, actually I think I only have one more run and then I will be all moved. We had a piece of good luck today while we were loading the car. A mover came to the building and was moving out another artist to the building I am going to. My husband asked if it was possible to put a couple of large pieces on the truck. For a small fee he said yes and we were so pleased. We have be worrying about how we were going to move these, especially the very large work table that my husband built. No more worries its all in the new studio. Soon I can have fun setting up the place.
Have a great weekend.

Pat

LJW
08-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Pat, what a lucky coincidence. Have fun setting up your new space. Shoshana, we'll be waiting to see the paintings you do from your photos. This weekend is Rib Feast at a neighbouring town. It features barbecuers from various southern states as well as a few Canadian ones, and live entertainment. In the past, we have taken Freddie with us and eaten our meal there, listening to the bands play. This time, because of Freddie's reluctance to travel, I think my husband will have to go by himself and bring takeout back. It's a great opportunity to sample tasty ribs, and we wait for it every summer. Hope you all have a great weekend. Jane

Pat Isaac
08-10-2007, 11:16 AM
Sounds like a fun time, Jane. Enjoy the ribs. A neighboring town did that here a few years ago and it was great. It isn't a yearly event though.
I am going to the Apple store today to look at the new iMac. It being a tax free weekend, I may succumb.

Pat

AnnieA
08-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Hi everyone! The weather here is still undecided - sometimes sunny, sometimes overcast or even rainy. Nothing new there - this is the Northwest after all - although this summer does seem cooler/grayer than the most recent ones. But the other day I really started feeling depressed when I started reading all about the Back-to-School sales. I realized I was still waiting for summer to start in earnest, and that might not ever happen. I hope we'll get a few solid weeks of sun before winter returns.

Pat: Refrigerator pickles sound yummy. How perfect that the other people with the truck appeared at just the right moment! I'm really curious to hear about your new Mac. I also would like to add that it's really apparent how much you lend to our forums here when you're gone for a while. Your presence is missed. :)

Shoshana: Hi there - long time no see! I hope you'll get some painting time in soon, and we'll be able to see the results of all those photo refs you've been taking. Enjoy your summer fun!

Angela: Glad to hear your mom is better. Maybe increased interest in socializing will come with time. Have you asked her why she doesn't seem interested?

Hi Anoop! :wave: Nice to see you joining us. I've been around a while but feel I'm still developing my skills. The trick is to paint, paint, paint. You might be interested in joining us in the Weekly Pastel Sketch thread. Any pastel artist, OP or softie, can join in, posting quick sketches that have taken up to one hour (although the time limit is somewhat flexible) It's in Pastel Talk: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=147 I'd post a direct link for you, but a new thread goes up each Monday, and you might not see this before then.

Jane: I've attended Rib Cook offs like you describe. They're a lot of fun, and the ribs are delicious. There are people that are involved with barbecue who are every bit as addicted to them as we are to OPs - they spend their time in the summer and fall traveling all over the country (and Canada too! :D) to compete in these events. Too bad that you can't go because of Freddie, but at least all of you will get to taste those yummy ribs.

Pat Isaac
08-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Good grief!!!...What a weekend of ups and downs. Thanks for your nice comments Annie and it is true I haven't been around, dealing with this new computer which is awesome. I'm back now.
Probably the most upsetting event was news from our oldest daughter. She went for a routine colonoscopy early last week, her first one. They found a growth which they biopsied and then did a CT scan. She called on Friday and said that it was cancerous and they would schedule surgery soon. They left yesterday on their planned vacation and will be in touch with the doctors early this week to schedule the surgery. It is small and the doctors are very optimistic, but it is a worry. Not sure what any follow up procedures will be yet.
We did go to the Apple store at midnight Sat. morning and bought the new computer tax free. I have been trying to transfer my files from the old computer to this one with a firwire cable like they suggested. For 2 days I have spent hours trying this, and it ultimately quits on me. I think I had too much stuff for it to handle. Anyway, I am doing it on my own. Getting there slowly.
My car also died. My husband managed to get it going again this am and took it to the garage for a new battery. It's working great now.

Have a good end of the weekend.

Pat

LJW
08-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Pat, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis, but I'm glad that the doctor's are optimistic. New computers are always fun, but it usually takes a while for everything to sort itself out. Glad your car is back on the road. You certainly are having an up and down time of it. Jane

wildart129
08-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I know it’s a little late, but me and my twin brother turned 23 on Aug.11. However, sometimes I feel as though I'm younger than that, but that’s better than feeling older than that. I have a twin brother who is six minutes younger than me. Pat, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter, hope all goes well. :)

Pat Isaac
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
hey, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That is my youngest daughter's birthday also....

Pat