PDA

View Full Version : I met Margaret Dyer tonight!!!

Paula Ford
08-05-2007, 10:57 PM
Hi Everybody,

I had the honor meeting Margaret Dyer tonight at a wonderful gallery in downtown Chattanooga. What a lovely lady and an absolutely fantastic artist.

Please visit her blog here www.margaretdyer.com (http://www.margaretdyer.com)

She is also a new member here at Wetcanvas so I would like to extend a big, warm welcome!!!

Paula :wave:

David Patterson
08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I knew you woud have a great time Paula...so glad you went. Isn't here work wonderful!?

David

Paula Ford
08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
It is absolutely gorgeous!!

I'm hoping she'll stop in soon to say hello.

Paula

mrking
08-06-2007, 12:11 AM
That is some very nice work she has. I had to bookmark her for reference. Thanks.

AnnieA
08-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Very exciting, Paula! I've admired Dyer's work for years. How wonderful that she's joined WC! I'll be looking forward to meeting her. :)

Karen Margulis
08-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Paula isn't she wonderful!!!! If you ever have a chance to take one of her workshops....do it!!! I learned so much and even though I don't paint the figure it still helped me! She has a new blog too so you can check out her latest paintings! (I think there is a link on her website)

Karen

Bringer
08-06-2007, 04:33 PM
Hi Paula,

That must have been a great experience.
I knew her work already and she is indeed a fine artist.

Kind regards,

José

margaretdyer
08-07-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi Paula!

It was such a pleasure meeting you the other night at River Gallery in Chattanooga. Thanks so much for coming. We tried to visit you on WetCanvas when we got back to my friend's house, but it required that she join, and she's not very comfortable with the computer, so we put it aside. I told her I'd contact you when I got home to Atlanta tonight.

There was another lady in my class, who, when she found out that you were at the gallery, while she was there, was so upset that she didn't meet you. She said she was very familiar with all your writings and your work. Sorry you two didn't get together. She would have been thrilled to meet you.

Hello to all you WetCanvas pastelists. Thanks for your very complimentary words.

What a great place Chattanooga is, by the way. You are very fortunate to be living there, Paula. Lots of wonderful artists. Lots of artsy things happening all the time. Makes me want to move up there. It was good meeting your husband too.

I hope I'm not out of line writing personal things like this on the forum. I don't know the rules yet. Someone explain them to me...kindly...please.

Margaret Dyer

Paula Ford
08-08-2007, 02:07 PM
:wave: Hi Margaret! You made it! :clap: :clap: :clap:

So happy you got back home safely, but sad that I missed your workshop. Maybe the next time.

Please feel free to join any discussion. Also, if you'd like to post some of your work (hint hint), please visit the Pastel Studio...here http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=149

I'm sure everybody would just go crazy seeing your beautiful paintings!!

I hope I'm not out of line writing personal things like this on the forum. I don't know the rules yet. Someone explain them to me...kindly...please.

Oh Goodness No, you're not out of line! You're doing just fine.

If you are every in this area again, please let me know. I'd love to treat you to dinner!!

Keep in touch!

Paula

margaretdyer
08-08-2007, 05:20 PM
I may come up just for that!

maggie latham
08-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Hello Margaret,
I wasn’t familiar with your work, and looked at your website……..Your work is wonderful! Welcome, and how fantastic that you will be participating in this forum. I look forward to it.
Maggie