PDA

View Full Version : Framing Pastel

pastelpalms
08-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Are there any demos that show pastel framing? Thanks all.

scall0way
08-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi to another New Jerseyan. :) I swear I have seen people post here about demos that show that sort of thing, but naturally when I try to search I can't find a thing, :lol:.

I hope someone else can have better luck than I did, and I can see it too. But of course there is that whole mat/no mat issue now too. At the premiere juried show of the Pastel Society of New Jersey last year I quickly decided that all the pictures that leaped out at me as the ones I most loved all were framed without mats, so my current goal is to go matless myself.

Bringer
08-05-2007, 05:15 PM
Hi there,

This is not specifically about what you asked for, but you'll get lots of useful info here which can be applied to pastels' framing.
http://www.frametek.com/index.html

Best regards,

Josť

johndill01
08-05-2007, 06:48 PM
There is also a link in the sticky at the top of pastel talk page. "How to Get Started in Soft Pastels" for our newbies

John

pastelpalms
08-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Thanks everyone, I have checked out the links and they have been helpful.

Lisa M
08-05-2007, 08:23 PM
The current or previous issue of The Pastel Journal has an article on framing that I found interesting and useful. I looked for it now and can't find it, but I know it's in one of those two issues b/c those are the only ones I have here; it might be a section in one of the interviews. Anyway, the person said that the best glass is the cheapo (not the non-glare) because the non-glare has a green tint to it. I never knew this. Perhaps their website has more info; I've not looked at it. It also talks about preparing your painting for framing (not via fixative).