PDA

View Full Version : Lets all begin to shoot for May 26-May 31st 2001

MichaelRH
07-23-2000, 05:31 PM
I figured since we seem to have some initial agreement on the month of May, 2001, lets begin to shoot for the week of May 26th (Sat) through May 31st (Thursday). Please remember that we do not all have to confirm for those 6-days.., but I'd hope two days will be a minimum for anyone wishing to attend. Llis, Scott, Gisela..hope all of you are ok with beginning to confirm for the days indicated, (within this time period)
Please post to let me know so we can build more confirmations for these dates. Thanks...Michael

Gisela
07-24-2000, 02:26 AM
Hmmm...the holiday weekend. Seems like that might not be a great time for travel? Might be a busy weekend for a resort too. I'm in, regardless, but it might be something to think about.

I'll be leaving here on the 14th of August, and we'll be taking the northern route for cooler weather (hopefully). you might be right on our route! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif I'll e-mail you when I know more. Can't wait!

Gisela

[This message has been edited by Gisela (edited July 24, 2000).]

MichaelRH
07-27-2000, 09:22 AM
I see in my earlier post (this thread) I mentioned May 26th, 2001 through May 31st.
I am waiting to hear from Craig..that we can begin to fill days for May 26th..through June 4th. I will post as soon as I hear from Craig. At which point..everyone who is interested can begin to mail deposits to Evergreens. via the information on their website. Please note the KIND of cabin you will want...there is a form to fill out at the Evergreens website.. Just waiting to hear from Craig, that we have a "go" for the above dates. Michael

[This message has been edited by MichaelRH (edited July 27, 2000).]

LarrySeiler
07-27-2000, 12:57 PM
<FONT size="4">Hey Gis!....</FONT s><FONT size="3">my wife is visiting with her folks that week down here, however, my sister and her husband are going to be up at our family's cabin about 6 miles east of Marquette, and I was thinking of going up a few days to paint, and do a bit of fishing......</FONT s>

Maybe I can get the phone number to the cabin from my step mother to give you privately so's if you want you can try and reach me. Imagine you'll be checkin' out Pictured Rocks and a few waterfalls? This area is about 1-1/2 to 2 hours from my Wisconsin residence.

I hafta be back by the 18th, cuz I'm playing a blues gig in Green Bay that night, and MO blues in another town the next night.

Talk to me...c'mon back...talk to me!

Larry

Gisela
07-27-2000, 03:44 PM
Hey Larry!
We're not traveling THAT far north. Dogone it!! I'm actually headed out to Colorado in August--that's a little too far out of the way. Taking my friend Sandy, who is moving there. We're seeing some sights and taking 5 days to get there, then I have 2 days to get home. We have to stay on the south side of the Great Lakes, or that would add another day to the trip. I've already pushed for a quick run into Taos...(gotta see that greatlight that everyone is always talking about)!
I am coming to northern Michigan in September, but you'll prolly be back at school by then? I'm hoping to meet Lynda and Michael in August, I was hoping to at least meet you next May...but it looks like you aren't going...darn! Is September bad for you?

Hmmmm...I can see I'd better do a lot of selling at my three fall shows, since I need to finance all these trips to meet everyone!! http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/eek.gif

Gis

LarrySeiler
07-27-2000, 05:44 PM
I'm planning a weekend up there in late September...possibly last weekend, or first weekend of October...to catch the fall colors in their peak. Thinking that will provide ultimum opportunity to paint some good pictures and photograph. Some scenes there are awesome enough to possibly compete in the National Arts for the Parks competition I want to enter next year....

guess we'll take it by ear then! Have fun in ColoRAAAAdo! sounds like fun....

Larry

elenyte
09-17-2000, 01:05 AM
Hi,

I've just joined Wet Canvas and am totally new to drawing/painting that isn't digital. I live just west of Denver and am interested in this meet - maybe I'll learn to draw by then? ;-)

The weather can be iffy even in June. We've gone camping then and it's snowed! I hope that the roadway through the park is open by then. The whole area is beautiful for painting, sketching and photography in *any* weather. It's exciting to hear that you might make this a yearly trip.

------------------
-eleny
incurable art
http://www.designheaven.com/~elenyte

Lynda Mortensen
09-19-2000, 05:47 PM
Sob, sob.....I can't go....boo hoo hooooo...

My brother-in-laws wedding back in England is on the 6th and as both my daughters are being bridesmaids we need to be back in England at least a week before the wedding, probably 2 weeks, to get the final fittings done for their dresses.

Never mind - you all have a great time and paint one for me, I'll be thinking of ya!

lenoir48
11-04-2000, 10:09 AM
I'm new to this forum obviously...I'm interested in being a part of the group trip in May.....can I have more info....thanks lenoir

------------------

kayemme
11-04-2000, 07:25 PM
for those of you interested in making a trip to the west coast, might i interest you in SEATTLE: MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND.

there is a REALLY REALLY REALLY NEAT-O arts festival that happens every memorial day weekend in seattle... i started attending this myriad of performance and visual art about 9 years ago, and have only missed a couple (because i moved) of them since.

the festival is called Folklife, and it's completely free, save the food & purchasing of stuff.

i was privy to seeing King Limbo in action 4 years in a row before he died, and let me tell you, nobody can limbo like King Limbo.

km

lenoir48
11-06-2000, 10:03 AM
The west coast sounds great...let me know more about it. FYI....in the small town where I live....there is a summer school called "Cleveland Institute of Art in Durango" It is the brain child of a good friend of mine......they bring instructors from CIA (in Cleveland) to Durango to teacher...everything from watercolors to figure drawing to photography..on and on....they put out a list of what they offer in the spring. You can even stay in the dorms at the college ....rather than paying big bucks for motel rooms. If you want more info...you can email Tom at.....tommcdgo@yahoo.com....and I'm sure he will tell you more. lenoir

MichaelRH
12-07-2000, 08:43 AM
Hi Lenior, and welcome to Wetcanvas!

I received another recent inquiry via regular email. I emailed my nephew this morning to see if he has received any confirmations or deposits as yet for May.

Not sure if many are still interested in this Estes Park, Colorado "Get-a-Way", but I see now that one of the BIGGEST problems is just to be able to coordinate a period of time where members do NOT have a conflicting schedule.

I should hear from Craig (at The Evergreens) very soon...and will post an up-date..or reminder here in this thread..very soon.

Sorry for not checking this thread sooner..and I apologize if I have missed anyone who has had questions.
---Michael

MichaelRH
12-09-2000, 10:46 PM
I have gotten word back from Craig at The Evergreens, and he has not gotten any solid confirmations for a May26th through May 31st get-away.

It may just be too difficult to get enough people interested..and whose schedules allow for time for any of the days between May 26th and May 31st. Memorial Day falls within this time period-on May 28th.

It is still quite a ways off yet, and I'll still check with Craig and Keeley between now and say..March..to see if there will be more confirmations. Aida and I have not sent our deposit yet either, and we won't necessarily secure a cabin for the whole 6-nights. So, for the next three months, I'll still be doing a wait-and-see. I'll also be checking in with Craig and Keeley to see if they get more confirmations.
I'll keep you all posted here.
--Michael

Evergreens website and information:
clik here http://www.estes-park.com/evergreens/

[This message has been edited by MichaelRH (edited December 09, 2000).]