PDA

View Full Version : Bud Rose

Sharrm
08-02-2007, 11:36 AM
Well, after finding this forum, and just a few threads, I couldn't resist, wanted to add this painting I did last week. I think Carol and Maureen have seen this in Acrylics. It's just a bud rose on gallery wrapped canvas in Acrylics. I'm working on improving my flower skills right now :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Aug-2007/32965-WDEJul2007LilyShezAcry8x10.jpg
C & C Welcome!!

Mikki Petersen
08-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Rose buds have their own special charm, don't they? Something about new promise, I think. Anyway, you've done a beautiful job on this one. Can I ask about the size?

Mikki

Charlie's Mum
08-02-2007, 12:57 PM
those yellows - so difficult to achieve, are really soft and lovely.
I do like the 'tapestry' efect in the background :D

pinkrybns
08-02-2007, 04:26 PM
This is lovely, very gentle feeling. I especailly like the little touches of red in the bud.

Lady Carol
08-02-2007, 05:06 PM
It is just as lovely in this forum as it was in acrylics.

Sharrm
08-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi everyone, thank you for your lovely comments on this.
Mikki.......yes, I agree, about the buds, I haven't painted many roses, so working on them. This is just a little one from a reference that I cropped from a WDE. It's 8 x 10 Acrylics.
Maureen......I'm not really a yellow flower fan, but wanted to try paint some that were not muddy, or harsh looking. I used cad yellow light, and naples yellow, zinc white and naphol red. I think it worked pretty good. Thanks.
pinkrybns....glad you liked the touches of red. They were just something I added on a spur of the moment at the end.:) Glad you think they helped.
Carol.....thanks for your lovely comments again.

bayoudragon
08-02-2007, 11:40 PM
Beautifully soft and soothing to the soul. :heart: I'm not a big rose fan, but for some reason, I really like this one. I think it's the gentle white highlights and soft flushes of pink on the petals. Very lovely!

C_Line
08-03-2007, 06:23 AM
The palette is lovely.

Sharrm
08-04-2007, 03:28 AM
Thank you Bayoudragon and Celeste!
Bayoudragon I'm happy that you found it soft and soothing. That was exactly what I was hoping to portray, and your comment was so lovely to read. Thank you. :)