PDA

View Full Version : Greenies' Weekly Aug 1st - 4th

Lady Carol
08-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Hello and welcome to the inaugural Greenies' Weekly. The chat thread where anything goes. Come and join us as we get to know you and you get to know us.

We put together this forum as there is a lot of interest in floral and plant painting and why not have a place to show it off.

Barbie
08-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Carol, this is so exciting! I've been hoping that there would be a "floral" area on WC for a long time! Gotta go check out and see the first posting.

Lady Carol
08-01-2007, 04:01 PM
Welcome Barbie. I hope that you will enjoy the forum.

Charlie's Mum
08-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi all!
Just dropping in to see how many are finding their way here ..... could easily get lost amongst all the undergrowth! :D

This is the place to share all those thoughts and feelings you'd like others to know ........ or is it better not to know sometimes? :lol:

We hope you, the members will have ideas to share about the forum - and the things you'd like to see happening here ....... so let's get the place decorated - some paintings up, some photos and some nice 3D if there's any to spare!

paintfool
08-01-2007, 08:07 PM
....... so let's get the place decorated - some paintings up, some photos and some nice 3D if there's any to spare!

Please don't forget to water the plants! :)

bayoudragon
08-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I know I said I would be temp-mod, but I think I'm growing roots! :D

I enjoy the subject just a little too much! :)

M Douglas
08-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi everyone:wave: just thought I would pop in and say "hi" and send some cheers :clap: :clap: :clap: for the new forum. I am usually playing in the soft pastel forum, but I do tend to lurk in many of the other forums. I'm currently working on a large poppy which I will post once its completed.

Melodie

Lady Carol
08-02-2007, 06:57 AM
Angela please grow as many roots as you can to plant yourself :clap: :clap:

Hi Melodie welcome to the new forum. We would love to see your poppy when it is finished.

C_Line
08-02-2007, 07:24 AM
I'm THRILLED! Yippee!!!! I had no idea this was here as I usually use the Channels link at the top to switch between forums and don't see this one listed, thanks for the note in acrylics Carol as you know me, I'll be here too!

Lady Carol
08-02-2007, 08:13 AM
Carol as you know me, I'll be here too!
Celeste, you will be here a lot.....now. Welcome to guiding the forum :wave:
Unfortunately the links aren't in the drop down menus at the moment. I rarely access my home page anymore as not all the forums are in the drop down anyway. I will let admin know.

pinkrybns
08-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Hi everyone.
I am a committed (or should be) flower painter/drawer and grower... so I'll be hanging about. I also have a watering can! :D
:wave:
Judy

Sharrm
08-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Hi Everyone, I had not Idea, this is wonderful, so glad I found it. A long time coming!
I love flowers, so you will be seeing me here!!! Perfect timing, just when I'm working on improving my flower skills :thumbsup:

Mikki Petersen
08-02-2007, 12:36 PM
This forum is a perfect addition to WC as plants have never really had a home before. Those of us who paint plants and flowers as an extension of the love of the out of doors or who just love the riot of color available in a floral/botanical piece can rejoice. Great work and kudos to the originators.

Mikki

Charlie's Mum
08-02-2007, 12:54 PM
For anyone who's not sure about finding the forum - the Forum Jump at the bottom of the page is usually the fastest way :D

Cheryl - we have an automatic watering system for the plants :lol: ..... her name is Judy :D

Welcome Melodie - and looking forward to the poppy:D

Hi Sharron - yet another home for you :D

Looks like home for you to Mikki! ;)

C_Line
08-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Cool tip Maureen...and how long have I been here and HAVEN'T seen/used the Forum Jump....(head low as I head back to work!)

Lady Carol
08-02-2007, 02:19 PM
That is OK Celeste. I never use the jump forum but always navigate through the main page. :o :o to say the least :o :o

Karen Margulis
08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone! I'm so happy to see this forum. I really enjoy painting plants & flowers so I know I will be hanging out here a lot! Thanks for the 'forum jump' tip....didn't know about that either!

Karen

Charlie's Mum
08-03-2007, 12:24 PM
Stick around Karen! Never know what you might learn!!!! :lol:

Welcome to the forum :D

vhere
08-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I love flowers :)

C_Line
08-03-2007, 03:19 PM
WOW is all I can say, look at how this forum has exploded in a very short period! Warms my heart for sure.

moccasin
08-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Florals/Botanicals ... why does there need to be a subject-specific forum for it?? It sure doesn't fit with the rest of the MEDIUM-SPECIFIC forums here at WC ...

Sue :heart:
(from the Photography Forum)

lilbelle
08-03-2007, 06:55 PM
I think this is a great idea for a new forum. We get to see a subject we all enjoy done in many different mediums and get to know new people we wouldn't normally see!

C_Line
08-03-2007, 07:21 PM
Florals/Botanicals ... why does there need to be a subject-specific forum for it?? It sure doesn't fit with the rest of the MEDIUM-SPECIFIC forums here at WC ...

There are many "Subject" specific forums here at WC. Many folks have asked for a Floral/Botanical specific forum for some time, including myself as they don't quite always fit landscapes or still lifes. As you can see by the huge positive response in just two days, it's drawn a tremendous amount of support already.

Many folks really love to focus on this subject and now that we can get feedback from others of various mediums who do the same, it can only enrich our creativity. :)

Lady Carol
08-03-2007, 07:49 PM

It may not fit under medium specific forums but there are many subject specific forums. Why have Southwest/western art then, or landscape, marine? I could rattle off all the subject specific forums there are but I think you get the point. The request for a flower forum has raged since 2003. If you feel there isn't a need for it, then why did you post so many flower photos? ;)

dolors
08-05-2007, 04:00 AM
What a great idea! I have just discovered this new forum. I love to draw and paint flowers in ink, watercolor, colored pencils and pastels. This will be the perfect place to learn and share experiences with others. It is fantastic!

valchina612
08-05-2007, 04:42 AM
OH WOW, am I glad to see this great Forum. :clap: :thumbsup: I love Flowers and Plants, and paint a lot of them in a number of different mediums, so expect me to be around a lot in this gem of a Forum. WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Val. :wave:

gnu
08-05-2007, 06:50 AM
OK this is officially wierd, I am the one who has fought for this by starting a poll, and no one tells me it's made a new forum? I didn't see any announcement or anything. oh well, good that it is here anyway! I am just so surprised I have only just seen it...
hmm, better load a floral work soon eh :D :D welcome to everyone here, I'll join in very soon, but right now it's my bedtime...