PDA

View Full Version : So Where Is Everyone?

JamesDFarrow
08-01-2007, 08:05 AM
O.K. where are all the people that asked for this forum?

I want to see some great Southwest/Western Art!

I need inspiration for some western landscapes I want to do.

James :)

Jo Castillo
08-01-2007, 11:39 AM
I thought there would be so many, guess we will see some soon. Hope you post something, too.

Jo

Barbie
08-01-2007, 12:56 PM
I just stumbled onto this new section by accident. It would be great if an announcement about this new forum (and any others) would automatically be sent to each of the different channels (i.e. watercolor, oils, acrylics, etc.). This would guarantee that everyone would know about it.

Looking forward to some great paintings and inspiration!

sassybird
08-01-2007, 01:11 PM
We just got the forum up and running so it will take awhile for people to find us. I will check with Cheryl about making an announcement.

Mikki Petersen
08-01-2007, 01:26 PM
I for one am thrilled to find this new forum. I live in California and love to paint all over the southwest and Pacific Coast. Sometimes people from other areas don't understand the unique colors and atmospherics of this region. I'm off to post something right now!

Mikki

paintfool
08-01-2007, 01:31 PM
I have a feeling that this is going to be a very popular forum. I'm glad that those of you who have found your way in here have done so. Welcome!

I'm sure that many more will join us very soon. But yes, an announcement is due. We have also created a new home for floral/botanical enthusiasts. http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=361

We are working on yet another new forum and hope to have that out soon. As soon as that third forum is finished, i will make an announcement of all three.

Enjoy your time here. I look forward to seeing what you're creating!

Cheryl

Diane Cutter
08-01-2007, 01:33 PM
Ah, our own little home in Wet Canvas... It will take a couple of days for the word to get out. Meanwhile, if you know of people who work in this kind of art, feel free to send them a pm inviting them on over...

Diane

Alachua Artist
08-01-2007, 03:59 PM
oh wow - didn't even know this was here! I've been posting this WIP in the pastel studio, but could really use your suggestions:

(x-posted in soft pastel studio) http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=434920

Diane Cutter
08-01-2007, 04:19 PM
:lol: Wendy! We are only a couple of hours old... but be sure to pass along the word to fellow artists that might be interested! I'm off to check out your art in Pastels...

Diane

JamesDFarrow
08-01-2007, 05:00 PM
I posted about this forum in the Landscapes and Acylics forums (That's the ones I frequent the most). The Landscapes one is still there but someone deleted the one in the Acrylics forum. Don't know why. Maybe they don't like western art. LOL!

Anyway...

James :)

barkingdogg
08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Well, thank heavens! I've been checking everyday, but I haven't seen this in the drop down menu yet. Thank you, James for posting the notice in Landscapes, or I never would have known. This is where I really belong! Thanks to everyone that contributed arguments for this forum. Once the word is out, they will come!!!

Diane Cutter
08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Ah, well, James... We've built it and they will come! :thumbsup:

Diane

paintfool
08-01-2007, 08:04 PM
I haven't seen this in the drop down menu yet. !!!

That is correct. While it is listed in the main forum page: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/, we have not yet applied it to the 'channels' list. We'll have that done as soon as possible though.

Old Tex
08-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I normally post in Landscapes and Gouache. A lot of my stuff will be Texas landscapes, though not necessarily west Texas. I' ve just posted one here, so let me know if it's going to fit. Either way, I'm glad to see this as a separate forum, since southwest art is dear to my old heart.

CindyW
08-02-2007, 01:53 AM
Jo Castillo just let the pastel forum know (thanks, Jo) and I, for one, am VERY happy that this forum now exists. The US southwest and western art are held very dear to MANY people's hearts.
Excellent! :)

Cindy

Ranger Dan
08-02-2007, 03:36 AM
I just got Charissa's PM and told her I would check this place out in the morning. Guess, I couldn't wait.

Kathryn Wilson
08-02-2007, 05:04 AM
Sooo glad to see this one up and running. I will be posting shortly!

Thanks to all the staff for getting it going.

Hoss_Lass
08-08-2007, 12:49 PM
I too, join the crowd of Southwest art enthusiast on Wet Canvas. :clap: My heart is in southwest art and I can see that's where I will be focusing my future art work, I can't wait to enjoy and learn from everyone here!:D

Won't have anyworks to post for a while, but hopefully within the month.

In the meantime, thanks to all who share and teach me more about wonderful southwestern art!

God willing, someday I will spend my days living in the southwest and creating art pieces from my own backyard........:)

Diane Cutter
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Nice to meet you, Hoss Lass... I'll be on the lookout for your work!

Diane

Enchanted
08-08-2007, 07:35 PM
I've been posting in a few of the WC forums for about a year now, using my adopted name while living in my adopted state - The Land of Enchantment. As many of you already know, Santa Fe, New Mexico is now touted as the "SECOND" largest art market in the USA after New York City. That's quite a claim to live up to. And one of the best web sites for getting to know Santa Fe galleries and artists they represent is here:

http://www.collectorsguide.com/index.php

Hasta luevo, amigos y amigas! :wave: