PDA

View Full Version : The Oil Gusher July 30 - Aug. 5

Pat Isaac
07-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone,

Big thunderboomers this morning, but I think they are over for the time being. More are expected later. We did manage to pick beans yesterday before the rain. They are done for awhile now until the second bloom produces. I don't have the keys to my new studio yet so am still packing. I really do hope to get them this week so I can start moving stuff. It is only about 2 blocks away so that is good.
So come in and share your joys, concerns...or just the day to day routine and lets get aquainted.

Have a great day:) :) :)

Pat

AngelaF
07-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Good luck on the moving, Pat. Such a drudge, but then kinda of fun to think about getting resettled I imagine.

I am almost done with the packing of the great room and will soon be ready to paint the walls. Tired of going up and down basement steps to store stuff. Will be a job going through it to unpack -- but all part of trying to get to a more simplified/serene life!!!! Not sure how the log cabin effect will look, but look forward to finding out soon.

After not showing last week, the one handyman came and has worked on the deck all day. I got furniture moved by someone else this weekend and am having someone else yet again come tomorrow night to look at moving the kitchen cabinets. No word from flooring people yet, but will check on them.

Got most of the winter hay in this weekend, too.
Went to my mom's on Sunday and my brothers came and we celebrated her birthday which will be Wednesday. Have outside meetings I must attend to tomorrow.

No art on the horizon right now --am working on instead of dreading getting this house done, dog painting still just needs one little tweak before I put it to bed.

Needed to put my sixteen year old Maltese down on Saturday -- may she rest in peace -- she had been hanging on through heart disease, senility and then deafness and kindney disease, for a long time.

Hope you all have a great week, Angela

LJW
07-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Angela, I'm sorry to hear about your Maltese - it's so hard to make that decision. I'm glad that you are beginning to make good progress with the renovations, and that workmen are showing up.

Pat, it won't be long now before you can move into your new studio. We had a beautiful day today, sunny and fairly warm. It's supposed to stay sunny and get hotter for the next few days. Jane

AnnieA
07-31-2007, 12:47 AM
Angela: You've made tremedous progress over the last several months. It must feel really good to be almost done so you can relax and start to paint again. It's so hard to lose a pet. I'm really sorry about your dog.

Pat: Having your new studio so close to your present one will really make the move a lot easier. That's good. I hope you'll have plenty of help; moving has a way of turning into a bigger job than what one anticipates. But a studio should be somewhat simpler to move than a house.

The weather was just about perfect here today. A tiny bit on the hot side, but the breeze compensated for that. Just lovely. It's about time; we've had too many gloomy or rainy summer days.

Pat Isaac
07-31-2007, 04:31 PM
So sorry to hear about your Maltese. It is hard to lose a pet, but you have to do what is right for them. I am happy that your house seems to be cooming together and that you have the winter hay in. It's hard to think about winter now, but for some things you have to. Hope the birthday was fun.
I am amazed at how much stuff I have in my studio. Of course, I have accumulated it over 10 years. I packed up more stuff today and threw away a lot. My studio mate and I also went to the new place and got keys. It is totally empty and ready for us. We took a tape measure and tape and layed out areas where larger work tables would go to see if we had enough space to walk around. Plenty of room. We will now start moving smaller items over every day that we are there.
Tomorrow is a yard day. I need to weed the beets or you'll never find them.:lol: The cukes are now coming in. Love that garden stuff.

Pat

AnnieA
07-31-2007, 08:08 PM
Pat: Congrats on getting the keys - that must be really exciting. You've made me feel guilty - I've got some weeds that are probably 3 feet tall in one area now :eek: and really need to pull them before they drop their seeds.

Last week people asked if I would let you know when I posted my first oil painting. Here it is: http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5899293&postcount=183

Pat Isaac
08-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Good for you, Annie. I'll have to go over there and comment. That reminds me I was supposed to post one of my oils from years ago. I'll take a pic today.
Some of my weeds are that tall.....so I'm off to the beet patch.

Pat

AngelaF
08-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Hi everyone, it seems we all have had a busy week. I miss painting -- but am making progress with the house. Just got back from my mom's from going Friday--going to doctor's with her and keeping her company. Hope you are all having a nice weekend and staying cool!!

I like your oil painting, Annie -- alot af good 3D quality in that orange. Angela

bnoonan
08-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Pat - I hope the weather cooperates for you move. Is your new space cooler?

Barb

Pat Isaac
08-05-2007, 04:17 PM
It is hard to tell if it will be cooler, but the windows actually open and have screens in them. There are windows on 3 sides and we get west, north , and east light. The 3 rooms that comprise the studio space could actually house and air conditioner if we ever wanted one as the ceilings are enclosed. We have made a couple of runs already and will do more this week.
I wish I were Mary Poppins and could say "spit spot" :lol:
When you are east you'll have to come see the new digs.

Pat

AnnieA
08-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Angela: Thanks for your kind comment on my orange. How is your mom doing now? Good that you are making progress with the remo.

Pat: It's good that you're making progress, too, on your move. It sounds like a nice space; I would think the cross-breezes would keep you cool.

I'm in the process of making a tiny pochade box/easel, by converting an old wooden cigar box. It will be attached to an old tripod. I actually have more than one box (one is really tiny), and am making them so the metal plate (that attaches to the tripod) on the bottom of the box can be swapped between them easily. These will be a lot lighter and less cumbersome than my French easel, and allow me to set up almost anywhere. They'll easily fit in a backpack or tote, and the really tiny one will even fit in a large purse. One issue remaining to be solved is how to attach the painting panel to the open back of the box while painting. In one of the boxes there's a little ledge for the panel to sit on below, so that may be enough, but I'm still a little worried that the panel might fall out of the box somehow. I'm also trying to think of an alternative to a chain at the side for holding the back in place while painting. By not using a chain, there will be more options as far as panel sizes are concerned, as there won't be any obstructions at the side. Any ideas, anyone?