PDA

View Full Version : now what?

arlene
05-19-2002, 10:31 AM
last night at 9PM my time I listed an expensive item and put it in featured plus to try it out.

This morning I went to do a search for it and the only time it came up as a featured item was when I typed my own name in...

even when i typed Wetcanvas as a search tool, it didn't show up!

Now What?

I'm not paying $20 for it to only show in my listings as featured...that's not the idea! I'm furious about this.

cagathoc
05-19-2002, 10:41 AM
It takes time to get completely integrated into the system. Check againlater today and if it still isn't up right request a refund.

arlene
05-19-2002, 04:37 PM
ok it's now 4:35PM and i just went to look...

I looked in self representing artists (the catagory i listed under) and I'm halfway down on the sixth page of new today listings...

not even highlighted...it's no different than all the others!

nowhere to be found otherwise...

not only will i want my featured auction fee returned, but also all my fees, as this is an expensive item that needs the exposure...how else can i expect to sell it?

I am so angry...what a ripoff..

arlene
05-19-2002, 04:52 PM
now i read through again, and it says since i don't have a seller rating of ten yet i can't list in that ...yet...when i signed up for this item it let it go through and it billed my account.

kjsspot
05-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Arlene, you made the same mistake that I did the first time I tried Featured Plus. There are two featured listings that you can choose. You chose Featured Gallery, not Featured Plus. The Featured Gallery will rotate your gallery picture in the top three listings ONLY when in viewing in gallery view. It is also a larger image than the regular gallery thumbnails. I don't know how to tell you to correct this.

When I made the mistake, I contacted them immediately and they explained it to me. Since my listing was less than 48? hours old, I was allowed to end it and receive a credit and then to relist it the way I intended, with Featured Plus instead of Featured Gallery. To do this though, you'd have to cancel the bid that you currently have on your item. Contact Customer Service and see if you can get a credit. I don't know if you can or not.

Very sorry this happened to you as well. Personally, I think the Featured Gallery is a rip off.

arlene
05-19-2002, 07:15 PM
how do i contact them? there is no email address, i looked.

kjsspot
05-19-2002, 07:36 PM
[email protected] or go into your My Ebay area. Then Accounts. Then click on Go to Account-Related Links. You'll see a variety of contact links there.

arlene
05-19-2002, 07:58 PM
thank you