PDA

View Full Version : Oystercatcher

gnu
05-18-2002, 09:42 PM
X- posted mixed media, as part of postcards3.
just a simple pic using watercolour technique. (had no masking fluid then, not sure if it would have worked with acrylic???) otherwise there would have been touches of white highlights in sand also.
any hints for using watercolour technique and acrylics, or can one just go for it...semms I have anyway :D

KarenU
05-18-2002, 11:13 PM
Well....I have to say that I am the proud recipient of this postcard and let me tell you....the picture here doesn't do the, in my hands postcard, justice!!

The color of the background is gorgeous and the reflections are wonderful!

Sorry can't give you much advice using acrylic in the watercolor technique...I tend to use the heavy body acrylics pretty much full strength most of the time.

donsha
05-19-2002, 09:59 PM
I think this postcard is great. I have never attempted birds but do love see them painted. He looks very alert ready for his meal.
Well done....I would love to see more :clap:

mf.sutton
05-20-2002, 07:04 AM
I saw this in the postcard forum, I think you have done a wonderful job especially on such a small surface - mike

orchidlover6
05-20-2002, 03:06 PM
like i said before the reflections are right on. this one really caught my eye in the postcard 3 gallery.

gnu
05-20-2002, 04:40 PM
Thanks very much for all the comments... this one was quite hard to give away!!! I enjoy watercolour technique and think I will work more with it..

KarenU
05-20-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by gnu
... this one was quite hard to give away!!!...

Thanks! :D

Matttscott
05-21-2002, 02:34 PM
Yes, I agree with Donsha. I've never tried a bird before, but between this piece by gnu and all of KarenU's latest birds, I'm really wanting to try one too!

Great job!

--Matt :cool:

gnu
05-24-2002, 06:36 AM
I know, it's so funny, i go around with eyes for postcard sized pics to do,.... how to go back to bigger canvases!!!? :D
got some more like this one to try...