PDA

View Full Version : 3 marbles from 7/19/07 - Boro

richsantaclaus
07-23-2007, 06:21 PM
I think I should have my head examined!

I just spent $350 on Boro glass.

I am a SOFT glass person - what the heck! Something is the matter with me.... I am beyond help I guess...lol.

Anyway, Mike Close and I have been going to a glass store and torching side-by-side. The problem is that Mike gets to see the marbles first! Darn him anyway...lol. I am about an hours drive from the glass place and he is 5 minutes away.

Here are the 3 marbles I made in the 3 hours I was there.....

The first marble is going to be a present for Christmas for my step-son who graduated from USC.

richsantaclaus
07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
The second marble is a vortex. Mike says that it looks deeper than the marble itself! I am especially happy with the back side too - I am going to keep this one for myself **insert evil laugh here*****

richsantaclaus
07-23-2007, 06:25 PM
The last and 3rd marble is one I tried 2 techniques on. It has my bubbles that are swirled along with the vortex inside. Again, I am very pleased with the back of the marble and really liking the colors that are in Boro. Moreover, i can't duplicate these 3 marbles because I forgot to keep track of the color rod names - yes, little OLD me, I forgot to keep track!

Samma
07-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Rich - They are all gorgeous! I think, if I HAD to, I especially love the third one. OH and, we're all sick as far as collecting creative materials, gets in your blood, I think.
Great job! Samma

BeadTowne
07-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Rich, Sorry to say that I am a Bruin's fan rather than Trojans, but I won't hold it against you or your son.

I'm with you on that second one! How wonderful to have made something that you want to treasure for yourself. Love the outside colors of the final one. You are not crazy buying all of that glass, you have a dream you need to fulfill.

gingery
07-24-2007, 04:18 AM
Great job on all of them!:thumbsup: I especially love the 3rd one!:clap: It it super cool!:cool: Do you want my address? I'll be happy to send it to you.:lol:
ginger

Ellen Altamore
07-24-2007, 08:23 AM
So this is why we haven't seen much from you lately. You've been a busy marble maker! Rich, very cool.

ValorieCox
07-24-2007, 09:45 AM
Great job Rich, you are a natural! I really like the second to the last one...the one you forgot the colors you used. :) All of them are fantastic! Val

LouiseI
07-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Wooohoo Rich, those are marvelous! Especially for a first Boro endeavour, I don't think your $350 worth of glass will last long ;)

Elegance_1
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
WOW Rich! I swear you are astonishing! There is no marble you've done that doesn't come out just fantastic!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The trojan was our symbol at our school in Chambersburg, PA. The vortex marbles are always sooooo amazing! The colors you chose - well obviously I'm in love with your work. ;)

So you bought glass. Boro shouldn't be a challange to you. Sell some of these marbles and you'll make your money back in no time ;)

richsantaclaus
07-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks you guys - you always make me feel good!

Paul Katherman
07-24-2007, 06:20 PM
Awsome Rich!!! We welcome you to the fab world of Boro.... If you need any help or need tips on color just let us know.. I find it helpful to keep a pad by my table to write what colors I use. Be carefull not to set your pad on fire!!:eek:

sundaisy
07-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Rich, I agree with everyone, those are awesome marbles!!!!! Great job!

debiweiss
07-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Rich, BRAVO:clap::clap::clap:
they are all wonderful but the third one is really looking like it belongs in NJ!
Debi

Sue in Maine
07-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Rich,

Beautiful marbles! Your ss is a luck man to have you for a sd.

Btw, I look at the 2 marbles you made me every single day. They are on my desk about 9 inches from where my fingers are busily typing this. Thank you, again. They are wonderful and brighten my day each day I'm here.

Sue

richsantaclaus
07-25-2007, 05:47 PM
You all know why I just love being here at WC, it's YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nalynn
07-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Rich - I vote for the third marble! Especially the side with the dots. It makes me think of looking at the Earth from a space shuttle and seeing hurricane formations.