PDA

View Full Version : Landscape

KingCrimson
07-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Hi all,this is my first visit to the digital arts forum,and I'm blown away by some of the work here!This is also the first time for me trying digital painting,I usually hang in oils or drawing & sketching.
I guess you really need some sort of drawing tablet to do the work you guys do,
(not to mention talent)because it took me about 6 hours straight to do this with a mouse in the paint program on my Mac.
I know it's not the greatest,but I had alot of fun anyway.Any C&C appreciated,thanks!

JackieBass
07-22-2007, 11:49 PM
Very nice! I think you did a great job. It's minor but personally, I would like to see more movement on the surface of the water where the light is reflecting off of it- but it is way better than my attempt at digital painting using a mouse!

Zazouse
07-23-2007, 03:24 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e149/zazousemoon206/Twisted%20brush%20art%20mine/nice.jpg

It takes me just as long to create a digital painting as it does using traditional methods, but a tablet makes it much easer.

bluefrog
07-23-2007, 06:45 AM
Wonderful work!

justjean
07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Your landscape is wonderful :thumbsup:
and with a mouse yet, get a tablet and you will knock our socks off :D

omniartz
07-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Nicely done, and with a mouse too! Very pleasant scene. :D

wrangler
07-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Magnificent !.

KingCrimson
07-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Wow,thanks for the nice words everyone!
Hi Jackie,you're probably right about the water movement,I was having a rough time with the crummy brushes in my paint program.I don't know if you guys are familiar with Appleworks on the Mac,but it's very basic.

Thanks too Zazouse,bluefrog,justjean,omniarts,& wrangler,I appreciate all your comments!

It's funny,after I finished this,I remembered I have the Gimp,it's much more powerful,sort of like Photoshop,but free,with a lot more brushes,doh!
I really should get a Tablet,but they're kind of expensive are'nt they?
I used a lot of blurring,is that like cheating,or is it anything goes in this medium?
Thanks again for the kind words everyone :)
Oh,omiarts & Jean,this is from a picture I took in Amish country,Pennsylvania,glad you like it!