PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain National Park area...

MichaelRH
06-08-2000, 03:52 PM
Hi everyone..just wanted to suggest a place for a future get-a-way..perhaps NEXT summer or down the road.
My nephew and his wife (Craig and Keeley) just completed construction of a 14-unit (cabins/cottages) resort that is only 1 1/2 miles from the entrance to the Rocky Mountain National Park.
They were pushing to open their doors by THIS summer, and they just made it. I believe they will be booked up already (difficult to plan for large groups), but perhaps NEXT year or the year after. I will include his website address here, and everyone, please feel free to email me if you think you'd like to do this.
Believe me...it is BEAUTIFUL up there!!
May be able to swing a group rate..but booking well ahead will be necessaryl. Let me know everyone..and I'll check into this for a Wetcanvas Get-a-Way ok!?
Craig and Keeley's website is
http://www.estes-park.com/evergreens/

Keep me posted..would like to hear from you all. Michael Please email me at artist@oneimage.com (Mk and I share this address)

[This message has been edited by MichaelRH (edited June 08, 2000).]

scottb
06-09-2000, 07:33 AM
Absolutely! Let's use our collective buying power to get the good rates. :-)

Seriously, just mention the site, mention that it's a special recurring function, and they will be all over it. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Cheers.
Scott

MichaelRH
06-09-2000, 10:33 AM
Scott - I think Craig and Keeley will be open to a group rate (have not inquired about this quite yet), but it may help if we can confirm with them it would be recurring, and that we can book a certain number of the cabins.
Once I find out if there is serious interest and can see that a fair number of Wetcanvas members are interested..I can start "negotiations" lol, with Craig and Keeley.
Aida and I had a chance to walk through the cabins..and they are by NO MEANS rustic. All the extras! How would you suggest Scott, that I get a list of seriously interested future attendees?? Via our email (artist@oneimage.com)..or through a list here a Wetcanvas under a "Rocky Mountain" Topic header??
Glad you like the idea..I think it would be just great. Michael (and Aida)

LarrySeiler
06-09-2000, 10:35 AM
Michael...

I would definitely be interested! If we could avoid the first eight days of July, better for me...cuz I teach a drawing and painting workshop in Illinois each year during that time. The other workshops I do, I could adjust dates...or, come down with some kinda fever. Um..Rocky Mountain umm, "pigmentism"!

Sure would be fun, and for me a welcome opportunity.

Larry

------------------
"Art attacks can skill!"

[This message has been edited by lseiler (edited June 09, 2000).]

MichaelRH
06-09-2000, 10:41 AM
Larry..very happy that you are interested! I will contact Craig this weekend, just to begin to see if NEXT year would be good..after the dates you mention. (I'll note them). They are extremely busy now with the on-set of the peak season..but I'll call and have already sent them an email. Will find out what they will need, and see if we can get some rate advantage. Even the "Off-season" might be good, but we'll have to work for a confirmation of the dates required.
Will let you know more ASAP. Would be great if you can make it..I'll try to corner you into long conversations. (At least allow me to look over your shoulder as you are painting...deal??) Michael

scottb
06-09-2000, 10:41 AM
Michael, the forum here is a good place to solicit for takers - but get them any way you can. :-)

Cheers.
Scott

MichaelRH
06-09-2000, 10:45 AM
Scott, sounds good, I'll put up a "Rocky Mountain Park" Get-a-way topic header, and request that people add their names to the list for...(will see about NEXT year-- ASAP!). I just need to contact Craig and Keeley..and see how sometime next year will look. I'll also find out what they will need to lock-in however many days we will want.
Will let you all know ASAP. Michael

[This message has been edited by MichaelRH (edited June 09, 2000).]

LarrySeiler
06-09-2000, 10:50 AM
hAHA...no problem Michael, used to little birds on my shoulder and everything else!

My hope of hopes is eventually to have no summer off...that is, to go from teaching in the school to traveling- painting and instructing workshops. So..maybe your nephew if not personally interested, may know someone who knows someone that is always looking for another artist to come for a week to instruct.

There is one in Wisconsin that advertises in the art magazines that is pretty huge, Dilman Resort in Lac Du Flambeau, and is online. That would be good for me to get in there and they seem interested, BUT it would be good for me to get out of this state once in a stinkin' while!!!

I would imagine for a number of people it would be hard leaving their spouses at home. Could set up extra tents for them huh? (just kidding-...I know, not very nice).

Would be fun though for a number of us wetcanvaser's to get together. What a treat.

Larry