PDA

View Full Version : New Format!

scottb
05-23-2000, 08:14 AM
Some background:

Originally, we were going to have "GetAway 2000" basically be a single event, where everyone would come together in a single place to paint, meet each other, and have fun.

Then, we realized that not everyone would be able to make it. These kinds of things are always tough to schedule. Sooooo, we decided to have multiple events over a 2 month period, in various locations, to give everyone a better chance of attending.

Now, there is a new format. "GetAway 2000" will last for the duration of the year. Events can be held whenever, whereever. As long as someone can document the trip, we will put it in the album.

So, break out the digital cameras whenever you and your WetCanvas! brethren and sistren are out there painting... :-)

P.S. Yes, we will have GetAway 2001, etc. http://www.wetcanvas.com/ubb/smile.gif

Cheers,
Scott

llis
12-24-2001, 03:20 PM
2001 is almost over and we certainly have had a fun time with planning WetCanvas! Events this year. I've been able to attend a couple of the events and let me tell you, I had a ball. It was fun to meet folks that I first met on the internet as well as see new place and explore new methods and materials...and all thanks to WC! Events!

Here is hoping that 2002 will see many more events planned and here is hoping I'll see some of you there. :D

If you can host an event, please do post your ideas, time frame, and/or invitation here. Let's make 2002 events even bigger and better! Or at least, if not bigger, more of them. Remember an event can just be coffee and visiting a gallery with one or two of your WetCanvas! mates. Hope all of you will share special times like this. We want to see the photos, post them here!

Arlene has said that she would love for all of us to get together and have a materials conference/workshop possibly with sponsors of art materials helping out. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I hope this is one that we can work toward. Anyone have other ideas? How about a WetCanvas! cruise....and we go to Alaska to do a bit of white plein aire! :)

Tony Perrotta
12-27-2001, 05:00 PM
Hi Phillis, I am interested in any WC outing or get together, that may come along. I would like to see some held in the northeast if possible. I know alot of people don't want to fly me included, and the cost of something within driving distance is alot less. Most people don't mind driving I know I'll drive any reasonable distance. So everybody in the northeast should start thinking, and we'll see, maybe we can have something up here. There are plenty of places to go thats for sure. So people in the area contact me with your ideas.

Regards Tony

llis
12-27-2001, 05:10 PM
Wonderful Tony!

How about opening a new thread with your north east location in the title and let's see how many we could round up. It's not really hard to put together.... just find out the who, what, when, and where and off we go.

I hope I get to attend more events this year than I did last year.

Helen
01-02-2002, 04:46 PM
I'd be interested in something here in Michigan. We have some wonderfully scenic places and here in West Michigan I'm located in Grand Haven, Holland and Saugatuck are not far away -- all have some wonderful galleries and some great spots for plein air painting if anyone is interested in this location.

llis
01-02-2002, 04:52 PM
Sounds wonderful Helen! I'm sure that we have others close by. Open up a new thread in this forum and see what kind of responses you have. :D Welcome to WetCanvas! by the way.

blondheim12
01-02-2002, 10:00 PM
llis,
You know me, I'm always ready for a paint out in Florida or South Georgia.
Love,
Linda

coolray
04-05-2002, 11:17 AM
llis, this sounds so good! There are a lot of things to see here at the Current River here. Great places to paint or get inspired! And this thread has got me thinking that I would love to see some of you-all right here. I don't know what arrangements people would like, but I would be willing to help them with a planner for the area, and see if we can't get something here. This could be great!!!. I have heard so many talk about their trips out that it seems too much fun!!

T