PDA

View Full Version : Stargazer lilies and a fairy cat - lotsa pink!

kiwicockatoo
07-16-2007, 06:48 PM
First of all, thank you so much everyone on the nice comments on my last post. This forum is incredibly friendly!

Here's a little fairy cat I painted this morning. It's an art card - 2.5 x 3.5 inches. I get these urges now and then to paint all pink paintings with just a touch of blue or green - in this case both because the butterfly had to be blue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/moussart/pinklilycat.jpg

And here's one of the first paintings I did when I switched to my current style. It was 8x10 if I recall. I don't know why I don't paint more florals, this turned out so nice. If your wondering what the yellowish speckles are on the leaves, it's gold paint - I splashed gold paint all over the place for a while. Golden brand fluid acrylic gold paint is fantastic. I may have posted this before but I don't think so.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/moussart/stargazerliliesgood.jpg

Oh my gosh I just noticed the date on the lilies - it's been that long!

C_Line
07-16-2007, 06:51 PM
These are amazingly painted. So meticulously neat and illustrative. Are these acrylic inks by chance? These two look gorgeous together also.

kiwicockatoo
07-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks a bunch! I used Golden brand fluid acrylics - they're not really inks, just thinned down paint with a huge pigment load. They're luscious! I do use some Golden tube acrylics too, whatever I have on hand I just thin down with water.

*Violet*
07-16-2007, 07:09 PM
your paintings are stunning ... what a command you have with a paint brush and that must be a mighty fine nib you have to get such fine outlines !! ...

artdreamer1
07-17-2007, 03:20 AM
Love 'em both! The lilies are fantastic--love the splashes of gold paint--and the background is gorgeous!

I recently acquired some Golden Fluid Acrylics (usually paint with watercolor only)and can't WAIT to try them out. Great to see what can be done with them.

Michele

bullyluvver
07-17-2007, 04:17 AM
I've seen your work on ebay and on your website - it's fantastic to say the least! The stargazers are to die for they are sooo pretty and so very well painted. I hope to see lots more of your work on here...pleeeze!

Gail

dreamz
07-17-2007, 09:52 AM
the lily really is spectacular. the cats are nicely done as well, You have 2 very distinct styles and do them both well

jan409
07-17-2007, 10:37 AM
I like both of your styles, you are so clean and sharp with your colors. Lovely. Keep posting your work. Jan

stapeliad
07-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Wow, these are SO COOL!
I love the style, beautiful!!

bionicanaconda
07-17-2007, 02:06 PM
Brenda the lilies are spectacular and the Geisha cat on your site is amazing. You are very talented.

laudesan
07-17-2007, 08:18 PM
Your lilies are beautiful..

Your Kitty is precious.....

You really should put an add in your paper Childrens Book Illustrator Available.......

CamiTampa
07-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Wonderful, I'm amazed by the lilies, (I like the cat too.)

Cami