PDA

View Full Version : Publisher has contacted me!!!

artdude
05-17-2002, 01:04 PM
Hi peeps:
I just had to make this announcement. This morning, when I opened my e-mail, there was a surprise letter from a publisher. As I read it my jaw just dropped to the floor. They are putting together an instructional drawing book and asked me if I would be interested. They saw my pencil work and said I would fit right in for this project.

Here is a quote from their letter:

I saw some of your pencil work on your web site, and I think you would be a good fit for this book

I am so excited and nervous about this that I can hardly type this message. I will certainly keep you all informed as to how things go with this.

PS: They are a well established publisher. I already have a couple of their art books myself. If this goes through I will let you know who they are. I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted in the Drawing/Sketching forum too

bbbilly1326
05-19-2002, 07:33 AM
Many congratulations ! Sounds really exciting. Hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

Bill

Nancy Lee
05-20-2002, 01:44 PM
Wow Artdude...... this is fantastic news.... :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm excited for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Good luck, sounds wonderful. Just the response we all hope for from a web site. Congratulations, Yippee, and Awesome.....

BCNU,
Nancy

artdude
05-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the CONGRATS Nancy and Bill!!! :):):D:D

arlene
05-23-2002, 03:02 PM
So did they accept you? I heard from a publisher too about two weeks ago (probably the same one) about doing two lessons for a colored pencil book...they rejected me for now.

artdude
05-24-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by arlene
So did they accept you? I heard from a publisher too about two weeks ago (probably the same one) about doing two lessons for a colored pencil book...they rejected me for now.

Hi Arlene: Haven't heard back from them yet. I was asked to send in 10 samples of my graphite work and also submit a written 6 step description on how I rendered one of those drawings. I just sent it in yesterday so it will probably be a while before I hear back from them. I will let you all know how it goes after I hear back from them. Sorry to hear about your rejection. I am not expecting too much from this. I am quite flattered that they thought my work was even good enough to contact me about this project. That's a confidence builder for me :D:D

arlene
05-24-2002, 04:46 PM
I wish you all the best and will keep my fingers crossed for you!